Wooden Beer Crates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread ... I have been looking around for a durable solution for beer crates (with dividers) but hadn't found anything I liked yet. These match what I want for bottle crates better than any of the ideas I had thought up!

Thanks for the detailed write-up. I haven't done much woodworking for about 15 years, so I had been hesitant to try to design and build something on my own; this gives me the perfect project to make something extremely useful and get some practice for the other projects further down my list! :mug:

I wanted to do a similar box, the only addition I would do would drill 12 holes in the bottom so I can dry my bottles after sanitisation. Thanks for the cut list and instructions. How much is a sheet of the birch? I was going to use osb and paint it, but if birch is cheap enough I might use that.

The baltic birch I used is furniture grade. around here it comes in 5' by 5' sheets. Best price I have found is somewhere around 35-40 for the .5" and 25-30 for the .25" sheets.

Back