What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-1515811848.jpg

Still working on this growler.

You know, I heard that in some crazy scheme to make money, they produced more than one bottle of that whisky. In fact, it's available at quite a few liquor stores for purchase so people don't have to mooch off their friends. ;)

bwahahahahaha :-D

TNGabe said:
Happy Birthday buddy. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you have a good weekend in spite of his passing.

Cheers! Homebrew saison and the view from my 'desk'.

Thanks. Yeah, his passing is a bummer, and completely unexpected. He was healthy as an ox right up until the end.
Nice! Great view you got there!

mcbaumannerb said:
Happy Birthday Jerry! Great beer to kick things off too! :mug:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking about getting some stuff from Blackstone to go with the rest (I love going into Kroger, and being able to pick up decent beer), or maybe some more Lagunitas IPA. Man, I wish I lived here in Tennessee again! Soon though...

You know, I heard that in some crazy scheme to make money, they produced more than one bottle of that whisky. In fact, it's available at quite a few liquor stores for purchase so people don't have to mooch off their friends. ;)

That whiskey was for my bachelor party, and I didn't have any.

Excuses, excuses. You're no more than ten minutes away from that location when you leave work. Better yet, there's a specs right there in Tomball on 249 next to Walmart. Surely they have it too.

That specs sucks a big one. Spring cypress is so much better.

Tom youll have your taste. Promise. Just that whiskey is so good its going pretty fast lol

DisturbdChemist said:
That specs sucks a big one. Spring cypress is so much better.
Haha! I've never been in that one in Tomball, just knew it was there. It can't be worse than the one in the back of The Woodlands on Kuykendahl.
Tom youll have your taste. Promise. Just that whiskey is so good its going pretty fast lol

I personally am not a fan of that particular whisky. I gave away 3/4 of a bottle because I didn't care for it.

Haha! I've never been in that one in Tomball, just knew it was there. It can't be worse than the one in the back of The Woodlands on Kuykendahl.

I personally am not a fan of that particular whisky. I gave away 3/4 of a bottle because I didn't care for it.

Really? What didnt you like about it? Was it the single barrel? Im enjoying it. Not the best one I had but pretty good whiskey

DisturbdChemist said:
Really? What didnt you like about it? Was it the single barrel? Im enjoying it. Not the best one I had but pretty good whiskey

I'm not sure what it was about it. Just wasn't my thing so I gave it away and bought a bottle of my regular, Russell's Reserve.

LoloMT7 said:
super flexible ... like a take it camping or on the river type of thing. Smells funny maybe that will wear off though.

Yep, sounds weird. Nothing like sneezing and dumping half of your pint.

My first batch of Cottage House Saison

Outstanding recipe!!

Love that recipe too. We added too much pepper to our first batch, but it's still a good brew. Planning on brewing it again soon.

Drinking the last bottle of my Groundhog Day Honey Wit. Was better when fresh, but still tasty and refreshing.

Giving Austin Beerworks Fire Eagle IPA a try. First beer I've had from them. I'm impressed, I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this good. A well crafted beer for sure. The only ding is that I don't think Columbus and Amarillo is really a great hop combo, and those are the two that stand out the most.

image-3653855715.jpg

My Ruination clone, although I changed the dry hops from Centennial to Citra. Very aromatic, very flavorful, and it packs a wallop. It went from 1.076 down to 1.012. It also helps that I had a Sidecar (Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice) before I switched to beer.

My Ruination clone, although I changed the dry hops from Centennial to Citra. Very aromatic, very flavorful, and it packs a wallop. It went from 1.076 down to 1.012. It also helps that I had a Sidecar (Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice) before I switched to beer.

After drinking that kerosene any beer would be welcome.

Back