So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did not brew - but did get to dry hop

DIPA- barely, but still is, so could enter as an IPA and DIPA and probably get away with it (Volume up and gravity low at end of boil, so should have boiled a bit harder I guess)

1.75 oz citra
1.5 oz amarillo
1.5 oz Idaho 7
1.0 oz X331

Same hops as used in boil and hop stand. It smells and tastes incredible so far

Lord, this is gonna be amazing......

Brewing a Belgian Pale Ale today. Still working on the recipe, but here's what I have so far:

70% 2 Row
15% Wheat
7% Munich 10
5% Victory
3% Aromatic
Hallertauer Trad @ 60 & 1
Sterling @15
WY 1214

I did something almost identical last year (minus the wheat). Turned out fantastic. Possibly my best brew of 2016.

Brewed a pale ale with El dorado Hop hash Friday, then spent the rest the weekend working on this guy. Cleaned, sanded, painted, and drilled in 95+ degree temperatures. Painted the sides black and the front chalkboard.
Have the pale ale, a saison, and a cider fermenting to go into it. Then a sour I need to put in a keg, and the final tap will be a mezcal hibiscus cocktail for a party.

View attachment 1501461213321.jpg

I did 5 gallons of APA yesterday. Tried out my new mill and picked up 7% efficiency improvement. Good thing i am not sticking to the style guidelines.

Followed through with the big ass stout, hit all the numbers except one OG point out of 1.107. I can live with that ;)

ab_30jul2017_01.jpg

Down side of the day: took an hour hit up front when I weighed my propane tanks late last night and had a scant 8 pounds between them.

Up side of the day: I used my two-wheeler with some strategically placed towels to move my 20g MLT - which according to BS2 weighed 104 pounds -
out to the compost pile. Scooped it out with a saucepan.

Easy peasy, didn't burn the crap out of my thighs for a change :rockin:

Cheers! :mug:

Currently lagering my West Coast Pilsner. Brewing a NEIPA this weekend, this will be the third time we brew this recipe. We tried to stay away from traditional NEIPA yeast (1318) and use some "comparable" yeasts but none of them seem to do the job. So first attempt with 1318 for this recipe.

Not this weekend. Instead I am going to a tasting at the lhbs and getting my grains ground for the following weekend's brew session. It will be another attempt at a wee heavy as my first one ended up infected...

In the immortal words of Commander Taggert from 'Galaxy Quest'... " Never give up... Never surrender!"

Hefeweizen. After monkeying around with the recipe over the last couple summers, it's back to basics - 70/30 white wheat and pilsner and I'm not messing around with decoction mashing again.

It's a little later in the season than I usually make one of these, but I figure I can go grain to glass in maybe 10 days.

Getting ready for a camping trip. Got a NEIPA in the fermenter. Planning to refill it with a BMC crowd friendly lager on Sunday.

Adnams Bitter with 1335.

What's your recipe?

I submitted a Spitfire clone to a comp in the Strong Bitter and the judge said it reminded it him of Adnams. I've only ever brewed it with 1275 so slightly interested to compare and see how close we are.

Wasn't going to brew, but I find I have 8 hours free on Sunday so will do the house IPA, since my boss has 13oz of Mosaic he has no use for and says I can have. Especially since I moved kegs around in the kegerator tonight after one kicked and the two I have left are getting mighty light...haven't had to buy commercial beer in over 3 weeks and I want to keep the streak going. Of course I could drink less....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was funny.

im in this weekend with a black sour. i haven't decided if i wanted to give it a day of kettle sour before the 6 month sit.

What's your recipe?

I submitted a Spitfire clone to a comp in the Strong Bitter and the judge said it reminded it him of Adnams. I've only ever brewed it with 1275 so slightly interested to compare and see how close we are.

It's pretty simple.

5lbs 11oz pale
1.2 oz black
10.2 oz cane sugar
Boadicea 1.63oz 90
EKG .66 oz 10

Only got 1030 out of it but I'm good with that because I wanted a session Ale for quaffing a gallon on a hot day.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

I know, right? He runs a brewery/taproom and had some leftover Mosaic from his last IPA brew. I usually get to take the leftovers home with me. But...stupid me forgot to grab them today after helping my partner brew his first "small" batch on my equipment (Seatazz Mobile Brewing at your service, all my equipment fits in my SUV; loading up after a long brew day, I not only forgot the hops, but also my autosiphon and travel coffee cup) so now I'm going to do a Triple C Semi Smash IPA with 2 row, Columbus, Cascade, and Centennial, dry hopped with the Mosaic which I WILL remember to grab when I take some borrowed equipment back next week. I thank my lucky stars every day that I have a great boss/mentor. Fortunately I DID remember to take my mash tun, camp stove, and keggle home with me as well as getting to borrow his 40 plate chiller and hoses, so I'm not totally screwed for my brew day tomorrow.

View attachment 409821 wish I was brewing , beers and cleaning , cleaning , and tonight I'll do a little more cleaning .

Apparently your dog is guilting you into it. Beautiful Pit by the way. My Pit mix loves to interrupt the brew day by insisting it's time to play ball, especially during critical hop additions.

Will be doing a midweek brew coming up. I just have to decide whether to do the next version of my NEIPA, a Pliny clone, or a Gose. I'm leaning Pliny.

Had my shortest brew day ever today. Started at 5am and was completely done, yeast pitched, cleaned up, and equipment all put away by 10am. Wow. Didn't do any pre-work on it last night either, started the water at 4:50am this morning. I might need to start doing 2-batch brew days....

Got a brew day in on the first weekend in probably 2+ months that i didnt work at all.

Told grainfather connect box to start heating my water at 830am sunday morning after setting it up and filling it saturday night.

woke up at 910ish to fully heated strike water.

brewday commenced and was done by 1:30 that afternoon.

This went too well. Did my first try of @yoopers oatmeal stout.

Brewing Tuesday, need to scrub fermenters tomorrow(just filled kegs at 10pm, to tired to deal with it tonight!). Another batch of the house ale then I need to get an IPA made. Somewhere along the line I need to make a batch of mead for Christmas too

I'll be doing my first AG batch Wednesday! It will (hopefully!) be a red Saison to eventually be racked on top of a heap of fresh organic raspberries picked from the farm down the road :D

Brewing a Hefe like JonM a few posts back. In fact, JonM offered some advice a couple of years ago that proved valuable with many kegs of Hefe to follow. BUT this Hefe has a twist......

SWMBO loves Leinenkugals Summer Wheat but it is becoming near impossible to find locally. When I see it I buy it for her but with no consistent availability. I was reading Chris Colby's Home Brewing Recipe Guide and ran across a recipe from James Spencer in which he mashed fruity breakfast cereals with the grains during a typical mash. James used Belgian yeast, but I keep 3068 on hand so that should be fine as I adapted his recipe to mine. My recipe will be a somewhat normal Hefe with Fruity Pebbles included in the mash. Not sure how much impact the added sugar will have on the OG, but we shall see.

Anyway, I love to exbeeriment, so this is certainly an unknown for me. I hope for the best with my Fruity Pebbles addition. The things we do for our women....

Wish I was...I loaned my burner and 12 gallon kettle to my boss this week so he could do a crab boil. We're going to the Mariner game this afternoon so no time to go get it...just might run down there tomorrow morning and get it though, and have a later brew day. Also might borrow 4lbs of rye and 1lb of rye flakes to go along with the 9lbs of 2 row I have left and do a rye IPA. Hmm.

Latest posts

Back