Why am I farting more?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA!! Someone needs to send it to Mythbusters. Can you imagine those guys three sheets to the wind counting their farts? I'm diabetic and homebrew is the only beer I can drink that doesn't mess with my blood sugars. ( It actually goes down after a IPA ) I've been blaming my farting on the Metformin. Now I can blame it on the homebrew, too. :D

It was said to have staying power, and this is before I started brewing. Man, you have to open windows in my bedroom at night so you don't become asphyxiated from the fumes.

Drinkning my homebrew made it necessary now for HzMT companies to develop Methane detectors (like smoke detectors) for home. I swear it sounds like a brass quartet in my bedroom and it is only me. My SWMBO cannot understand where it all comes from.

The other day I sat on the bowl and let one rip for almost 15 seconds. 15 seconds, man it was the longest I ever experienced.

My son (4 yrs) even asked how that was possible.

Greatest thread ever!!

- WW

Donasay said:
I am so glad someone brought up the dutch oven, if I hadn't seen it I would have mentioned it myself. That has to be one of the most classic relationship tests, and surefire ways to breakup with someone, yet so funny at the same time.

100% of the time, each time I roll over to my other side in bed…P H H H R R R R R T T T T T T .

Must be the way the ole “bubbles” are accumulating and then escaping up hill once they have the chance.

Now when my SWMBO senses me getting ready to shift it’s…no…no…no…FOR THE LOVE OF GOD….NOOOOOO

This thread is bringing a tear to my eye.....................Im not sure if its from laughing or the thought of the stench you all are emitting.

Lets talk global warming. :rockin:

haha. this is great. people often blame my excessive gas on the fact that im vegan, and i need some meat to clog my system. i have to explain, no no, its the yeast. maybe i should eat less greens and let my beers sit a bit longer thou...

I definately can't help myself as well...most of the time they are silent, but that doesn't mean others aren't aware of em'....I was at my parents house after having a few HB, and they thought it was the Boston Terriers... :cross:

You know you're no longer a noob when you let one loose and say something like "I didn't know Fred used Centennial in that beer. I thought he went strictly with Cascade."

TL

I had no idea I would start a gastrointestinal phenomenon. My wife laid off the hef just to clear out and make sure it was not something else. Now she has gone flat, we'll probably try it again to see what happens.

It didn't bother me at all but then, I probably wouldn't know the difference.

Thanks to all.

haha. this is great. people often blame my excessive gas on the fact that im vegan, and i need some meat to clog my system. i have to explain, no no, its the yeast. maybe i should eat less greens and let my beers sit a bit longer thou...

My friends that were vegan had the worst farts EVER!

Back