Bottle Conditioning Temp Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMCosco

Reaction score
I bottled my Oberonish clone 9 days ago. I used Wyeast WLP320 (American Hefe). I have to bottles in a couple of closed wooden crates. I initially left them upstairs because the ambient temp was about 70 versus my basement which stays a fairly constant 64.

With the warmer weather this weekend, the ambient upstairs is 80. Basement is still 64 or 66 depending on which corner. My question is what should I do with the bottles? I don't want to kill the yeast upstairs, but I also don't want to stop the conditioning if my basement is too cold.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

A newbie, but recently moved everything to the basement. Like you said, temps are consistent and cooler....

I feel better knowing its cooler, rather than too hot.

Either temp will work. Neither will hurt your beer. The basement will just take longer. I have been conditioning mine at ambient (up to ~80 during the day) and have had no problems.

Latest posts

Back