Help, wiring an Auber SYL-2362 and getting no power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mpez

Reaction score
I started building my control box for a Brutus style system. I am using the Auber SYL-2364 to control a 120v solenoid valve.

I put in all of my toggle switches and wired up the Auber but when I plug into power to test I got nothing from the Auber unit. It just doesn't turn on.

So then I tried to connect it directly to the incoming power by bypassing all the switches I put in and still nothing. Voltage tester shows there is power.

Here is how I wired it for testing:
current+setup.jpg

Note, I have not connected the solenoid to J2 as of yet. I figured that it would not matter for testing.

Any help or ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks, that is what my first thought was but just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It really surprises me that the thing arrived DOA. It seems like everyone here is alwas talking up these Auber units and how they are better than some of the other no name PIDs out there. This has me rethinking that... I guess I will give them a call and see if I can get a replacement.

By all means call him. He WILL make it A-Ok for you.

The PIDs he markets are outstanding and his service is up there as well.

Just do it. Stuff happens. Think about it. He is not going to test every piece of equipment that arrives at his business. He ships from his inventory.

BTW: He also knows his stuff very well.

Call him, you will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks, that is what my first thought was but just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

It really surprises me that the thing arrived DOA. It seems like everyone here is alwas talking up these Auber units and how they are better than some of the other no name PIDs out there. This has me rethinking that... I guess I will give them a call and see if I can get a replacement.

I am in the market for a PID and was looking at this PID...

http://auberins.com/images/Manual/SYL-2362B instruction 1.0.pdf

Shouldn't the 2362 have a low voltage input? I would think if you put 120 VAC to it that would not be good.

My understanding is that the 2352 and 2362 are the same unit with different supply voltages. one takes AC one takes low voltage DC.

I am new to this aspect of brewing and doing a ton of reading, I may be wrong and please correct me if I am.

Not sure what your talking about. The input power or main power for the 2362 is 120 VAC.

I just received the replacment from Suyi last week and it now works fine when I hook it up to 120 power.

I think you might be confusing what voltage of valve can be hooked up directly to the PID. In that regard I think it is 24 volts.

Perhaps I am confused then.. I look at the PDF in the link above and on pins 1 and 2 you supply 12-30 VDC. Isn't this the power to the PID?

The output to the SSR being 8 VDC on pins 6 and 7 to actuate the relay?

You are looking at the PID SYL-2362B. Yes it is 12-30V DC.
That is a lot different than the PID SYS-2362. This one has an input voltage of 85-260V AC.

You need to choose the correct PID for your intended use.

I am in the market for a PID and was looking at this PID...

http://auberins.com/images/Manual/SYL-2362B instruction 1.0.pdf

Shouldn't the 2362 have a low voltage input? I would think if you put 120 VAC to it that would not be good.

My understanding is that the 2352 and 2362 are the same unit with different supply voltages. one takes AC one takes low voltage DC.

I am new to this aspect of brewing and doing a ton of reading, I may be wrong and please correct me if I am.

DOH Ill shut up now.

Thank you for clearing that up, I wasn't paying enough attention.

real quick, then I will go away..

is the only difference in the 2362 and the 2363B the input voltage?

Thanks

Back