Infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakedasnake

Reaction score
His is a red rye ale, my first all grain batch! I brewed it about 3 weeks ago and racked it to secondary a week ago, the FG is 1.010. I hadn't looked at it in the past 3 days and went to go leg it today and this is what I saw! Pulled the top off and gave it a smell and had a slight vinegar smell to it! What do I do? Is it infected, if so should I still keg it?

image-1111865254.jpg

image-3474353091.jpg

Anyone else have any input? Pretty bummed out it was my first all grain along with first infection!

Absolutely not if u did u would waste bottles i did this and it tastes like crab out of an elephant butt distilled it and add flavor

I brew intentional sours all the time, so I might bottle it and see what happens. Would I keg it? Well, if I didn't have separate kegs/lines for sours/wild beers, no. I would not keg it.

Have you tasted it?

Shoutout 805!!! That doesn't look good, but I've never had an infection so I can't honestly say for sure. I'd trust these guys, I get great advice here. We should meet up for a beer sometime. You have a club up there?

Yeah they actually just opened up a brew shop that is very good in solvang its called valley brewers, and yes they have a club that i have been talking to!

Back