Chillus Convolutus on B3's DoD, 12/06/08

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull8042

I like 'em shaved
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I stayed up 6 hours past my bedtime to snag one of these, and am very happy I did. But at almost 10:00 AM, there are still 2 on sale! :mad:
I can't believe I am the only person in the country/world that wanted one of these! This is a pretty good deal.....

How do you know what the deal of the day is going to be before it's on teh site?

Maybe I didn't word that right. I stayed up 6 hours past my bedtime... (sick baby who couldn't sleep) AND caught the deal of the day in person instead of a belated email.... AND snagged one of these.
Circumstances to me are irrelevant. With all of the hoopla lately about the unfairness of the DoD to the East Coasters, my point was it is not necessarily unfair......

Congrats! I've had mine for a while but have only gotten to use it one time due to moving. It's a great piece of gear and it catches my eye every time I go in the garage. Tonight, I'm going to look at soldering on some 1/2" FIP adapters so I can put QD's on it.

Congrats! I've had mine for a while but have only gotten to use it one time due to moving. It's a great piece of gear and it catches my eye every time I go in the garage. Tonight, I'm going to look at soldering on some 1/2" FIP adapters so I can put QD's on it.

You know, I posed a question to B3 awhile back about connector options, but was told that I could use their hose-NPT adapters to accomplish the same thing. Oh well, I'm not complaining at all. There will be 4 FPT fittings soldered on before the first brew. That will allow me to use my polysulfone QDs like the rest of my "stuff".
Glad to hear that you really like yours. It was a real toss up between that and a plate chiller. I just didn't feel comfortable recirculating the wort while mashing through a plate chiller. Just seems like it would plug too easily.

Back