Back after a 17 year hiatus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerman72

Reaction score
I picked up my original homebrewing equipment in 1992. I made a batch and I had a boil over. I continued anyway and bottled. It was crap, if you can imagine. Unfortunately, it was enough for me to quit the hobby at that time.

But I'm back. Starting slowly, I've started a morgan's canadian IPA kit and its in the primary fermenter (2 days now). My plan is to keep it there until 14 days have passed.

Greg

Welcome back. There are a bunch of us, mself included that have returned after very long periods of time. It was over 20 years for me.

What you will find is the equipment is better, the sanitizers are easier, and places like this mean the information flow is milleniums better. There aren't many questions or problems that aren't addressed somewhere on these forums.

Take your time, read up on the forums when you can, and enjoy... eh

:mug:

That's one hell of a hiatus. I wasn't old enough to drink coffee in 1992. In any case, welcome back to your true calling :mug:

I think you'll find, like I did...they've got some damn good books with recipes now. Remember hunting around for a recipe? Not anymore.

Now we have the Clone Brews books... We have the Internet... A lot has changed -- which contribute greatly to homebrewing.

Enjoy! Welcome back!

Back