PicoBrew Zymatic®: Automatic, all grain brewing appliance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PicoBrew1

Reaction score
Get big brewery automation and process control in one incredibly compact package. The PicoBrew Zymatic® is the first fully automatic all-grain craft beer brewing appliance. Using our predictive Recipe Crafter you’ll spend more time innovating and creating with perfect custom batches, and less time waiting, timing and cleaning.

Zymatic® is internet connected, so logging happens automatically and monitoring is available on any web-connected device. Your online account stores your recipes and brew sessions and provides access to a community recipe library with over 250 recipes across the BJCP styles to get you started.

Join a thriving community of over 1200 active PicoBrewers who span the spectrum from first-time brewers to Professional Brewers using the Zymatic® in their brewery operations. Zymatic® owners from around the globe have brewed over 2600 unique batches with more craft beer innovation arriving daily.

Features:
· Brews all beer BJCP styles in an average of 4 hours
· Produces 2.5G finished beer batches
· Recipe library with over 250 craft beer recipes (many award-winning)
· Predictive Recipe Crafter tool for custom recipe creation
· Pre-packaged recipe ingredient kits available
· Connects to PicoBrew.com service via WiFi or Ethernet
· Supports all-grain and mini-mash brewing
· Brews up to 1.090 gravity beers without adjuncts
· Supports 4 different timed hops additions

Technical Specs:
· Dimensions (WxDxH): 20.5"x14.5"x17"
· Weight: 50 lbs
· 9lb capacity grain compartment
· 4 hop cages with capacity of 1.5oz each
· 802.11 b/g WiFi + Ethernet
· Web-browser based PicoBrew.com software

The PicoBrew Zymatic® is currently being sold in brewing supply stores across the US (https://picobrew.azurewebsites.net/About/WhereToBuy.cshtml).

We would love to hear from both homebrewers interested in the Picobrew Zymatic® and current Picobrew Zymatic® owners! Please email [email protected] for any questions or international sales. Visit us on Facebook or Twitter!

Is it correct that in order to brew you must have Internet access? Or can you connect directly to the unit from a computer?

If Internet access is required, what happens if the service is disrupted during a brew session?

I looked at the site and couldn't find clear info on these questions, sorry if I missed it.

Is it correct that in order to brew you must have Internet access? Or can you connect directly to the unit from a computer?

If Internet access is required, what happens if the service is disrupted during a brew session?

I looked at the site and couldn't find clear info on these questions, sorry if I missed it.

I have the same concerns. How reliable is the WiFi? Does it only need to initially download the recipe, or does it need the connection throughout the brew session?

I have the same concerns. How reliable is the WiFi? Does it only need to initially download the recipe, or does it need the connection throughout the brew session?

Yes, wifi is required. If you lose the connection, the Zymatic continues brewing. If the wifi fails, you of course can't monitor the progress online, but once the recipe is downloaded it will continue without wifi. Again, take a look at the review I linked. I'm pretty sure I addressed this there.

I like the idea of this unit and have been following sense the kickstarter.

The only thing stopping me from getting one is the price tag. Unfortunately, it was out of my price range at the start and that margin has only increased. :(

You can use an ethernet connection with the included cable. The Picobrew checks for an ethernet connection before wifi.

Im another happy owner..!
im brewing today , brewed on friday,, ..!
easy clean.. i was worried about the fermenting in the keg. but i but a couple more .transfering between them is as good as it gets..
Really amazing product..

has anyone had issues with 1.5 oz hop cages being limiting? is it 1.5 leaf or pellet?

Does the Zymatic let you schedule a start time, for instance say I wanted it to turn on at 5 p.m. which is 30 minutes before I get home for work so it's done by 9, is this possible?

Does the Zymatic let you schedule a start time, for instance say I wanted it to turn on at 5 p.m. which is 30 minutes before I get home for work so it's done by 9, is this possible?

No. That, and the option to download recipes from a local PC rather than strictly an internet connection, are the two firmware upgrades I would dearly love to see.

Thanks I purchased the unit, just would be a nice feature. Guess I will have to teach the Mrs. how to start it and load it.

You can always load it up the night before, set the alarm for 0-dark-30, start the machine (look carefully at the display with those bleary eyes) and go back to bed for a bit. Then you just have to wake up in time for the chill. :mug:

Also: Big long Picobrew thread here.

I'm going to wake this thread back up. I just started reading about this device and I have a confusion. If I understand correctly, the Picobrew requires that you use the prepackaged Picopacket that contains your ingredients. While poking around I see that they cost around $24. That seems a bit pricey. I brew a 5 gallon batch for around $35. The Picobrew makes a 1 gallon batch. If I scale that up, its over $100 for 5 gallons. Am I understanding correctly or am I missing something?

I'm going to wake this thread back up. I just started reading about this device and I have a confusion. If I understand correctly, the Picobrew requires that you use the prepackaged Picopacket that contains your ingredients. While poking around I see that they cost around $24. That seems a bit pricey. I brew a 5 gallon batch for around $35. The Picobrew makes a 1 gallon batch. If I scale that up, its over $100 for 5 gallons. Am I understanding correctly or am I missing something?

Kinda. Picobrew sells 2 different machines: The Zymatic and the Pico. The one you're talking about is the Pico. The Zymatic makes 2.5 gallon batches (I think) and you can use standard, off the shelf ingredients purchased from whatever vendor you want. The Pico uses the prepackaged PicoPaks.

If cost is your only consideration that's a valid point.

Zymatic® is impressive. Moreover, if you have issues with the internet then you can convert wifi to ethernet or ethernet to wifi too. More hints

Back