First Brew in 15 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrizBrew

Reaction score
So, I started brewing in a cabin in Alaska a little over 15 years ago (not counting a gross intro in high school with zero sanitation and adding potatoes to get the ABV up, yuck). When in Alaska, I had no running water and was bottling. It got to be a total PIA so I gave it up.

About a month ago the SWMBO bought me a nice brewing set up with all glass carboys and a keg setup. Since then I have expanded to 2 primaries and 3 secondaries 5 kegs with 3 more on the way. I bought a used 4 tap commercial kegerator from a local restaurant that went out of business. I got a screamin deal!!:ban:

Well, I'm completely hooked (obviously) and have been brewing quite a bit using Deathbrewer's Easy Partial mash method(thanks Man). Where I left off 15 years ago, I was just starting to move from extract kits to adding fresh hops to the wort. The partial mash was the next step. I even had a Dunkelweizen planned for my next brew before I quit.

I just tapped my Dunkelweizen that I brewed on New Year's Day and it was a total success!! I added a little too much top off water but.....a learning experience.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the advice that I didn't even really have to ask for since it's all so accessible through this forum's search. I hardly get to post because all the answers are already here!!

So Cheers all!! RDWAHAHB

Dunkelweizen.jpg

That's a great story. Cheers to your SWMBO.
(I am SWMBO at my house, so I don't have to worry. ;) )
:mug:

chickypad said:
That's a great story. Cheers to your SWMBO.
(I am SWMBO at my house, so I don't have to worry. ;) )
:mug:

She's a good one alright!! She is enjoying the process too. Especially the tasting;) It's pretty nice having an assistant brewer

Back