New label, critique away!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tusch

Reaction score
BentPinesBlue.jpg

New label I made for a blueberry cider I've got going. Any suggestions?

I think it's pretty fvckin' awesome, but I have a thing about symmetry. The only thing I'd like to see changed is to have that text put across the bottom, below the picture, maybe two lines, even in width?

Up to you, just my personal taste, don't change it based on one guy's thoughts.

usnsti said:
I think that is one of the better labels I have seen.

:mug:

Wow now that I take as a compliment. This is only my second label, but in using a combination of Powerpoint, GIMP, and MS Picture Management, I learned a whole lot in making the first one for the leap year mead.

In regards to the symmetry, I too appreciate it, however I really like the vertical text for labels. I may reposition the image so that, with the text on the side included, it is more centered though.

Can anyone think of any other text or info I should have on a label? I know I can put whatever I want, but I kind of wanted to go with a bought from a store look to it.

Pretty nice, I love the simplicity.

If anything I might try a pin line around the inner rectangle (maybe blueberry blue). But it might take away from the simplistic approach... If it works it will draw the eye into the label more.

But good work.

I made a few attempts at adding borders to the center image, but most of them didn't turn out well. And on the note of color, I am sticking with all warn black and white coloring for this one. I will be giving a bottle of this to SWMBO for her birthday and hers will be in a nice cobalt blue bottle. I think This coloring will be perfect for that, and will work just as well with a clear bottle with the brilliance of the cider behind it.

I tend to post like crazy in my own threads, but whatever, just want people to see the tiny little things I do haha. Changed it around, decided to alter the sky in the original photo so that it better blended into the antiquated paper background. I also recentered the image including the text on the side.

BentPinesBlue1.jpg

Definitely stands out more. I like that the trees now blend in with the background.

Great stuff!

Very cool, I like the whole burt parchment look. I might lighten up the photo a bit more, or up the contrast a bit (the forgorund is a bit muddled). If it was originally color, try a sepia tone instead of b&w. It might match the look a little more. Otherwise it's badarse!

Well I wasn't using presets for the colorizing of the original photo, which was yes in color at first. So I was playing hit or miss on my hues. I tried some more reddish and some more greyscale. I may try out a more standard sephia and see how that turns out.

*Edit: here's a more sephia hue
BentPinesBlue2.jpg

I don't know, I always liked seeing people stare at those magic eye pictures. So people doing that drunk would be even better! haha

But seriously, I keep trying different levels of brightness and adjusting color, but I haven't found anything I like better. I will stick with the second to last one I posted unless anyone wants to do my work for me, then go for it haha. If I come up with anything else, I'll post pics. If not I will definitely post pics of the bottles finally labeled.

There is nothing wrong with masking tape and a sharpie! LOL
I actually take back what I said, it looks better in post 7 than it did in sepia. I also like that you got rid of the top border, blends much better. Still a very, very cool label.

Latest posts

Back