For those select few

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopfan said:
Anyone else hate those packing peanuts?

YES!!! I'd prefer for people to pack in crumpled up newspaper, since it's recyclable, but at least bubble wrap is something you can play with!!!

Hopfan said:
That's so cool. My kids and I have fights with the bubble wrap. Anyone else hate those packing peanuts?

Every time my MIL ships something to us, it comes in a box 5 times the size of the item being shipped, and the dead space is filled with those peanuts.

When I lived in CA, it became a huge issue and I literally didn't have the space to throw away the damn peanuts. When I finally moved to NC after 7 years, half of my garage was filled with garbage bags full of that those things because I could never keep up.

Luckily, I lived about 200 feet behind a movie theater that had a big dumpster sitting out back. Can we say "illegal dumping"?

When my parents send me stuff I get them to pack it with packets of crisps - much more enjoyable to be able to eat the packaging. I have suggested just packaging but they insist on putting 'other' stuff in with it. :D

Back