Auber Temp Controller Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkohlm

Reaction score
I have a fridge wired to an auber Instruments PID temp controller and I have a couple of questions. First What is a healthy cycling time for the fridge's compressor? Right now it goes off for about 5-10min then on for 30sec - 1min.
Is that too short an on time.

Second I currently have the 't' variable set to 120 but the cycle stays on for much shorter then 120 sec I don't know whats going on there.

Any advice?

I was wondering the same thing. I set my 't' variable to 30 thinking it would give a minimum running duration of 30 seconds for my gas valve, but it seems like that just controls how often it is allowed to cycle, but doesn't affect minimum run time.

You could email them directly from their website - I have found them quite responsive in the past.

I thought PID's were a no-no for fridges. I use a digital controller for my keezer with 12 minute anti short cycle delay, on time is guided by the need for cooling.

The Auber temp controller has a "relay mode" (can't remember specifically what it's called) that allows you to use it as such.
From auber's site:
"This controller has been upgraded with many new features. The cold junction compensation circuit has been improved for better accuracy when used with thermocouple sensor. A true on/off control mode is added. It is useful for controlling a refrigerator, motor, or solenoid valve that does not like to be switched too frequently"

Latest posts

Back