setting up CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of how they ran their CO2 lines?

Is it best to run your regulators directly off the CO2 tank or or do I run a line from the CO2 tank to the regulators then to a manifold?

Regulators directly off the tank then the lines at lower psi. It is expensive to purchase line that will handle the tank pressures before a regulator.

Ditto. The regulator body is designed to handle the high pressures coming directly from the tank and drop them to manageable levels that the lines can take.

great, thats what i was looking for thanks guys. Currently i have to regulators, what i was thinking is using a manifold off of one for beer in a keezer, then i would use the other one to set at higher PSI for pop or at a different CO2 level. Does this sound like an OK idea? Do most people run several kegs at the same pressure?

great, thats what i was looking for thanks guys. Currently i have to regulators, what i was thinking is using a manifold off of one for beer in a keezer, then i would use the other one to set at higher PSI for pop or at a different CO2 level. Does this sound like an OK idea? Do most people run several kegs at the same pressure?

That works perfectly well. That is why people have dual regulators. So they can either force carb more quickly, serve soda, or just to dial in each beer at it's perfect carbonation level. Lots of people use a manifold to keep several kegs at the same carb level as well. You have the right idea. Enjoy kegging it is so much better than bottling you will love it.

if i might join in here with some clarification questions,
-the tank must have 1. a primary reg and 2. a secondary regulator, right?
-a line can be run to more secondary regulators. If there are 2 secondary regs, then 2 separate pressures can be obtained. If 3 regs, then 3, ... right?
-can you run a splitter to the first set of regulators, straight from the tank, allowing access to 3 separate pressures even if only 2 additional regs are there? Is the question clear?
-are there any advantages to storing the tank inside the kegerator/fridge, besides aesthetics?

Back