What is your largest stock???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shizog4

Reaction score
Hey guys, since the beginners thread has a high amount of traffic i figured i would post here.....Just for fun, so the rookies, like me, can see what we can look foward to in the future of our hobby, what is, or has, been your largest stock.

if you can remember exactly what you had at the time, even better.....

Cheers:mug:

edit......Beers ready to drink, any format

?? You talking about bottled or kegged beer ?? Ingredients on hand ?? Amount of fermentors ?? Size of brew pot ?? Number of cattle in the herd ?? How big my gunstock is ?? Heheh

If it's beer, I have no way to track that, I have 3 sons in their twenties so beer doesn't last long, we did just bottle 14 gallons of Oud Bruin this month however.

Keep on brewing my friend:mug:

So far(currently, and likely to increase:D) 300 oz of pale ale in warm conditioning, and anoter 2 1/2 gallons of Cerveza de Cinco de Mayo with a little extra kick!

LOVE THIS STUFF!:ban:

Roughly 12 gallons of three different flavors. I've done it a couple times. I brew in streaks.

Unless you're talking NYSE - then it would be Apogee, APOG.

15 cases in bottles (about 35 gallons), and another 50 to 60 fermenting or conditioning, (including ciders and sours).

I must have about 400-500 bottles of wine at the moment, maybe more, since I just bottled 90 bottles last week and that wasn't most of the stock down in the cellar.

Hmmm what else? For beer, I usually have about 4-5 kegs on hand, and a couple of fermenters with beer in them. That's about 35-40 gallons or so always on hand.

My largest stock is a Strawberry Blonde that got an infection, about a case and a half...

I'm at my max right now...

20 litres of Sam Smith Brown Ale clone on tap
20 litres Brew House Pilsner on tap
20 litres Holiday Brew in bottles
20 litres Hobgoblin clone in primary to be bottled in 7 to 10 days
10 litres of Pale ale in primary
10 litres Robust Porter in carboy

= 100 litres of smiles

B

I think I had something like 18 cases (24 bottles) at one point, but have drinking a lot and now replenishing the stock the last couple months.

At one point in my brewing career is used to keep 12 cases of 22s filled plus aroung 5 or 6 12 packs of 12 oz. Since then I have gotten a 3 keg kegerator with 4 cornies and I keep 4 buckets full. I don't brew until something is empty.

4 cornies = >20 gallons
4 buckets = 20+ gallons
a few cases of bottles for give-a-ways and camping trips

It's hard to stay on top of it actually and drink as fast as we brew, but I have about 19 cases of standard 12s on hand right now, or in deep storage at another location. As best I can tell from records this is beer from almost 58 brews. I actually have 1-6 bottles left from quite a few heavies brewed in late 90's. Lots of 1-2 year old beer though, that we drink while brewing up fresh stuff.

i've had 9 kegs, 44 bombers, 90+ 12 oz bombers, and 2 1gallon bottles filled at 1 time at the most. + 2 5g fermenters and 1 secondary

this thread needs some pics :)
I think there was 17 cases of 22oz in the closet when I took this, thank goodness I started kegging
IMG_1410.jpg

this thread needs some pics :)
I think there was 17 cases of 22oz in the closet when I took this, thank goodness I started kegging

That's just a beautiful picture. I considered kegging but bottling is the only exercise I get, and I thought I might drink too much. (hic)

I must have about 400-500 bottles of wine at the moment, maybe more, since I just bottled 90 bottles last week and that wasn't most of the stock down in the cellar.

Hmmm what else? For beer, I usually have about 4-5 kegs on hand, and a couple of fermenters with beer in them. That's about 35-40 gallons or so always on hand.

400-500 bottles of wine? Seriously, we need a picture of that. And how long have you been working on that collection? :off:

It's hard to stay on top of it actually and drink as fast as we brew, but I have about 19 cases of standard 12s on hand right now, or in deep storage at another location. As best I can tell from records this is beer from almost 58 brews. I actually have 1-6 bottles left from quite a few heavies brewed in late 90's. Lots of 1-2 year old beer though, that we drink while brewing up fresh stuff.

How is the beer that is older? Does it keep well in the bottle? What is your storage like? :off:

Oh yeah, I'm at 2 kegs, ~60 bottles and climbing.

EDIT: the beer closet just gave me a partial.

How is the beer that is older? Does it keep well in the bottle? What is your storage like? .

Pretty much everything older than 5 years is a high 7-10 ABV low carb beer like a dopple, barleywine, dark imperial, stout, etc. We have some Belgian farmhouse and Saisons that have almost turned to champagne. Really good but lost their body. Nothing had gone "bad" but I'd say from 6 years out everything heavy gets pretty stable. However nothing seems to lose carbonation. Also when you get down to a handfull and only drink one a year of a certain batch it's hard to remember the last one, and the process becomes more of a novelty than anything. Anything highly hopped peaks early and beyond 4 years it really loses character.

Our long term storage is at my son's business. Walk in cooler 38F with everything under a tarp. Otherwise we keep stuff in my basement which stays pretty cool. About 60 now, max 70 in the summer.

Currently have 13 gallons in bottles conditioning and 15 gallons fermenting and/or dry hopping.

I'm getting ready to place an order for around 5 or 6 pounds of hops as well.

Brewing never stops!

400-500 bottles of wine? Seriously, we need a picture of that. And how long have you been working on that collection? :off:

Many years. Some of it's stored because I just don't really like it, though! I mean, when I made six gallons of rhubarb wine in 2008, I doubled the amount of rhubarb from the batch the year before. Trust me, more rhubarb is not better. Thirty bottles in the basement are 2008 rhubarb wine. I keep thinking that someday I'll want to drink it. Ha!

Some of the bottles are good wines that I'm aging, some are our "everyday drinkers", like the 2008 and 2009 chokecherry wine that I make in huge quantities. Bob picks 80-100 pounds of chokecherries each wine just for wine.

I just bottled 65 bottles of crabapple (2009) last week, and 30 bottles of 2009 sauvingon blanc.

Serving:
~10 gallons - bohemian pilsner
~04 gallons - belgian wit
~04 gallons - milk stout
~03 gallons - irish red

Lagering:
12 gallons - chocolate stout

Fermenting:
11 gallons - bohemian pilsner
11 gallons - irish red

about 250 bottles of wine, 20 gal in kegs (Stout, porter, Black Ale, and IPA) and currently nothing fermenting. I'll take care of that this weekend.

usually I have 6-8 carboys full at one stage or another.

Not much now:).... About 40 gallons in kegs on 9 taps. Another 15 conditioning and 10 fermention and 4 gallons of cider that I forgot about that is about 8 months old. I only brewed 10 gallons in the past 6 weeks but I will do another 10-20 this weekend. As for bottles I would guess about 30- 12oz and 40-50 22oz and 4-5 swing tops.

Last year I finished the year at about 330 gallons of beer and cider. It was a good year. I do keep my buddies kegerator stocked at all times, supply the beer for parties and the taps are free flowing 7 days a week for friends and family. I also give out my HB to just about anyone who shows interest. It’s a lot of beer but when the guys come over for brew days especially during football season the kegs just keep emptying themselves!

As for grain supply I keep everything stocked but yeast except for some emergency dry yeast. I currently have on hand between 40-50lbs each of 2-row, Pils, Otter and 15-20lbs of wheat. That and 17 specialty grains that I stock between 1-3 lbs each depending on the grain.

What I really need is to start a yeast bank. I keep my costs down buying in bulk but buying yeast still kills me.

Back