Drinking the new batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise to stay the course..My first attempt without a kit is a Sam Adams Boston ale knock off.. the mistakes were many, the learning experience would have been worth 5 gallons of sink pours..However, I let it age and the sour taste of the first bottle went away. It smells "Hoppy" I'm thinking the Aroma pellets in the secondary should have been leaf. The taste is a bit "hoppier" and less bitter than I was after, and the color is a little lighter than expected probably due to not crushing the grain well enough for making the tea (was a DME/LME recipie)...
Anyway I took the advise of ppl here and stayed with it and ended up with a rather unique Blonde ale instead of what I was brewing..Bottom line is, it tastes pretty good Thanks for the encouragement. :mug:

Just bottled a Best Bitter Ale:
7 lbs Ultra lite LME
0.5 lb Light DME
1 OZ Kent Goldings (60 min)
2 oz Kent Goldings (5 min)
2 oz Kent Goldings (2 min)
1 Whirlfloc
4 oz corn sugar a bottling
Yeast: Wlp060 American Ale Blend pitched at 67 F

5 gal OG 1.053

From here I have 15 gallon bottled, 20 secondary and 20 primary and holding the pace. Gotta avoid store bought.:D Also have another 5 gal all extract kit I whipped out this evening, an Irish Stout. Great to be retired with rainy weather.

Sounds like a MoreBeer kit. They're great. Did you taste test? I just bottled a Belgian Trippel this evening. Had some kind of malfunction with the bottler that filled a couple of pint glasses instead of bottles. I always seem to have that problem. Let us know how it turns out.

Yes a morebeerkit. But almost always a slight increase in fermentables. Biggest problem with morebeer is what to do with all the empty 1 gallon LME conntainers?:drunk:

Back