I think the Krausen clogged my airlock while I was gone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
I didn't use a blow off so when I came back there was a ton of dried Krausen stuck to the carboy. Does this effect the taste of my beer? Would it have stopped my fermentation early?

Nothing to worry about at all. Fermentation doesn't stop because an airlock is clogged. Simply remove it, clean it, sanitize it and replace.

was the karusen on the inside or the outside of the carboy? if its on the inside then your airlock is fine nothing to even worry about. if your airlock is on the floor and there is karusen all over the outside of the carboy then yea your airlock got clogged. clean it, sanitize it, and put it back in.

was the karusen on the inside or the outside of the carboy? if its on the inside then your airlock is fine nothing to even worry about. if your airlock is on the floor and there is karusen all over the outside of the carboy then yea your airlock got clogged. clean it, sanitize it, and put it back in.

Luckliy the airlock did not pop off but it did over flow and fill up with karusen

**** when I pulled the airlock out all the stuff stuck in the cork drained back into the beer

**** when I pulled the airlock out all the stuff stuck in the cork drained back into the beer

again nothing to worry about. but it seems like you cleaned, sanitized, and replaced already. which is probably not a bad idea.

again nothing to worry about. but it seems like you cleaned, sanitized, and replaced already. which is probably not a bad idea.

Even though all the stuff that drained back into the beer had been sitting outside of the airlock in a pool ontop of the cork for days?

Back