Yeast washing questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bastido

Reaction score
I am going to be bottling a batch of HB in a couple days and I had a couple questions.

1. Can I wash/reuse my yeast if there are hop residuals leftover?

(I didn't strain the wort as I put it in the fermentor, and have just dry hopped it today.)

2. If I can resuse it, has any just reused the same yeast strain over and over, despite the style of beer and had good results?

The reason i ask is, first of all this will save me a little $ each batch and secondly, I would just like to be able to learn how to wash yeast sanitarily without killing it. I saw the yeast washing in wiki and that really helped.

Any constructive criticism would be nice. Keep in mind this is only my fourth batch....:eek:

Read the yeast washing sticky. This is why we wash yeast, to get rid of the hop debris, trub and such and to use the same strain regardless of style (as long as the strain is right for the style).

Read that sticky and you will be fine.

Back