New AG equipment? moving from apartment to a house

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neomantra

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for advice on where to start. I've been doing full boil AG batches in my apartment kitchen for a few years now but we're finally moving into a house!! :rockin:

I've never really had the option to brew outside before but the house has a nice back porch and the new kitchen has an electric stove so all signs point to moving the brewing outdoors. Other than buying a gas burner, what else should I be thinking about?

How about not brewing on your porch. Last thing you need is to burn down your nice new house. There is plenty of articles on site here. Do a search. You will need at least 1 burner (2 is better) , 1 kettle, 1 of each- cooler Mash and Hot liquor tanks (Or 2 more kettles). And assuming you have all the normal stuff to make beer you should be well off. Or you could always just do BIAB

My set-up includes a 9 gallon Bayou Classic stainless pot, a 15.5 gal Keggle with valve, dip tube, and sight-glass, and a 10 gallon orange Rubbermaid cooler, a double burner propane camp chef stove, brew stand, and assorted hand tools/tubing.

It took me 2 years to get where I am at now, and will take a few more before I have a much better electric set-up... Some of the things above are much more important than the others (i.e. mash tun, boil pot big enough for full volume boils, etc.), but BIAB/Partial mashes are perfect methods that do not need as much equipment as "true" all grain.

Personal preference, really!

Back