Refreshing Summer Pale Ale recipe analysis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albysurfin

Reaction score
Hi All,
The Wife and I love Hoppy Beers, so everything I brew is pretty hoppy. I wanted to see what you guys thought of the following recipe for a refreshing crisp hoppy summer brew

Batch Size 11.00 Gallons
Brewhouse Efficiency: 66% (LHBS Crush ...)

-18lbs 2- Row
-1.5lbs. Biscuit Malt
-1.5 lbs Honey Malt
-1 lbs Carapils
-.50lbs Crystal 20
-1 lbs Corn Sugar

-.50 ounce Simcoe FWH
-1 ounce Magnum 60 minutes
-.50 ounce columbus 45 minutes
-.50 Simcoe 30 Minutes
-1 ounce Amarillo 10 Minutes
-1 Ounce Centennial 5 Minutes

1 ounce Amarillo Dry Hop
1 ounce Simcoe Dry Hop
1 Ounce Columbus Dry Hop

Mash at 150 Degrees for 60 minutes
60 Minute Boil
Yeast: WLP001

So What do you think??? Any Suggestions??

Thanks,

Brian

Have some high alpha hops for the bittering, good to impart the bitterness you want. As for the dry hops, that will be a fantastic hop aroma in the brew when it is ready.

...So What do you think??? Any Suggestions??

I suggest you send some my way. Jake would go crazy for that!

Jake1.jpg

That looks really good. I gonna have to make a 5 gal batch of that. Thanks for posting it. :mug:

That does look good...I love Columbus both as bittering and aroma. I've dryhopped Columbus and Amarillo together before and it was a great combination- Simcoe ought to fit in well too.

My wife loves hoppy beers, too...it's a good thing.

Well alright then, Thanks for everybodys input!!! I switched over to making 11.00 gallon batches recently and I was a little hesitant on 11 gallons of a first run recipe I wrote. I feel pretty confident now that it should turn out pretty good. I'll let you know how it turns out!!!

Thanks Again!!

Brian

Back