first partial mash recipe. completed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
Ecstatic, and wanted to post about this :).
So tonight, i went down to my LHBS and got their intermediate brewing kit for $99 bucks. ( this kit http://www.fhsteinbart.com/products/images/warrior.pdf )
and of course they talked me into their bottling kit, which added another $40. but was perfectly fine considering i didn't have enough bottles or a capper or caps, so that was fine.
I Ended up getting the NW Red ale with it (was packaged just this morning). i would have gotten the IPA, however, i am the only one that really enjoys in your face hops... Brewing it smelled wonderful and lovely (2 hours later the house still smells like malt and hops lol).
recipe as follows

1 tsp water salts
7lbs extra light LME
.5lb melanoidin malt
2oz black patent malt
1oz amarillo hops (55 mins)
1/2 oz cascade hops (15 mins)
1/2 oz cascade hops (flame out)
whirfloc tablet

was quite the experience! and i enjoyed every moment of it :).

just a quick background, i started with the mr beer kit, which was... exciting till i started making it, but knew this hobby could be more fun :)

now my SWMBO... she loves beer, however didn't know much about it before i came along, so every few weekends i've been setting up a "beer tasting" where i get 8-9 different brews with my sister and her and we sit around and i tell them about the beers and why they are the way they are etc. and explain the info about them.
She fell inlooooove with the bison brewing gingerbread beer, so i've been trying to find a recipe. that should be interesting :D.

here is a picture my sister snapped of me while i was checking on the level of the air lock
156738_1758454522788_1281757024_2033227_1052548_n.jpg

SWOOT! i just wish this addiction wasn't so expensive :(

It can be less expensive, when you go to all-grain. Also, when you buy your hops by the pound instead of by the ounce, they get cheaper (per ounce). When you start washing yeast you'll save a lot there, as well.

Awesome, glad you had a good brew day! :D

TO SAVE MONEY, SEARCH FOR: brew-in-a-bag, yeast washing

Back