SMaSH with MO and Perle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopeBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals- Just looking for some input on a 5 gallon SMaSH using Maris Otter and possibly Perle hops. I'm pretty set on using this combination, I'm just curious what ideas you good folks have about hop schedules and amounts. I'm thinking 1oz at 60 min, .5oz at 20 min, and .5oz at flameout.
Also, my only yeasts on hand are White Labs 0060(American Ale), and 0001(California Ale). Thoughts? Thanks, and happy homebrew Wednesday!
:mug:

The hop and grain amounts will be determined by the style you want to brew. Blonde, Pale, IPA, etc. The same amount of hops is goign to taste different as the amount of grain changes. So you'd really need to provide an estimate of how much grain your using, or a style you would like to brew. Then base the hops off that amount.

Beersmith or similar program can show you how much of each item will adjust the final product.

Back