is this pretty much all I would need to start kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and a fridge and you're off and runnin'. After years of kegging, I bottled a whole five gallon batch the other day and now I remember why don't bottle anymore. What a pain in the ass. Kegging is great. Its easy, quick, and you can enjoy your beers much faster. Also, if you need to bottle up some beers to take to a friends or for a competition you can just bottle off of the keg (see BierMunchers posts).

Yes, several vendors have competitive pricing. PLAN your build and shop around. My kegging endeavor is stuck at the 'I have 4 empty kegs now' stage. I am planning my build (sorta) My beer needs to hurry up and finish fermenting so I can FILL my kegs :)
-Me

That will do it. But, if you are looking to do it cheaper, that can be done too. You can use picnic faucets instead of the mounted chrome faucets. I would also consider buying the forward sealing faucets instead of the standard.

Yes, several vendors have competitive pricing. PLAN your build and shop around. My kegging endeavor is stuck at the 'I have 4 empty kegs now' stage. I am planning my build (sorta) My beer needs to hurry up and finish fermenting so I can FILL my kegs :)
-Me

I just filled my first keg!! 3 more empty ones behind it ... but not for long

I just filled my first keg!! 3 more empty ones behind it ... but not for long

I am looking at the kegging switch... maybe I can come over and you can woo me to convert with great frothy mugs of draft! I am just over in Jasper...:mug:

These threads are burning a hole in my wallet.... I cannot not decide fridge or keezer? I am leaning toward keezer, though I have a fridge I could use.

These threads are burning a hole in my wallet.... I cannot not decide fridge or keezer? I am leaning toward keezer, though I have a fridge I could use.

Use the fridge! It will get you started cheaper, and then when you are really into it, you can do the keezer and have TWO kegerators!

Just do it already. You know you want to ;-)

I probably gonna buy that kit from midwest real soon.....it's a better deal than Austin unfortunately.

and.....

That will do it. But, if you are looking to do it cheaper, that can be done too. You can use picnic faucets instead of the mounted chrome faucets. I would also consider buying the forward sealing faucets instead of the standard.

Also, about forward mounting faucets.....this is what I need for refrigerators? To have it look like this pic? Its kinda high dollar.....$40 for a damn faucet!!!:(

3712-IMG_9828.JPG

I can get a dual gauge system....with two kegs and CO2 tank for $200, plus 37 for 4" shank fridge faucet, and 25 for drip tray.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4565

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4567

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=7739

Sound like a good plan?

I am still looking for a good online supplier either in Canada, or very north USA like Montana or North Dakota. (I am pretty much straight north of these 2 states in Saskatchewan)...
I want a fridge conversion kit w/ minimum 2 kegs and 2 taps, co2 5#, shanks, hoses, etc... I checked one place online in USA and the shipping was more than the kit... almost $400 to ship here, No way!

if anyone knows a place, let me know plz.

Kronin, can you get a PO box at a post office in the US? Probably cheaper to have PO box and get cheaper shipping... Just an idea.

So for the :off:!

Back