do homebrews still gain alcohol after bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Righlander

Reaction score
say my home brew was 5% before bottling.. is it possible for it to gain alcohol in the bottle with age? sorry im a noob!

Yuri_Rage said:
Priming sugar adds a couple of tenths of a percent to the ABV. Once carbonated, the alcohol content of your beer is fixed.

And this is why you can naturally carbonate a "non-alcoholic" rootbeer because the level of alcohol is largely insignificant.

..and if I might add... :D

Even when I bottle form my kegs, I notice that if the beer sits for several months, the carbonation seems to increase slightly while in the bottles. This would indicate a slight continuance of fermentation and nominally higher ABV.

Brewsmith said:
I'll relpy to be the only other non current/former mod.

Just find the recent thread about bottles exploding to see what happens when a beer isn't finished when you bottle. A little more alcohol, and a LOT more CO2.
http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=64232
We must fight back to back. Strength in numbers! Till the death! Viva la revolution!

Wait does someone have a sammig?

SWMBO! IM HUNGRY!!!

Back