Guide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudog

Reaction score
Is there a guide or something at which temp you should boil your yeast at, or add extract. I have tried to find it, but have had no luck. Also I only do partial mash with liquid extract.
thanks

Boil yeast?!?

Don't boil the yeast, add the extract as soon as you start boiling

Start over...John Palmers "How to Brew" or Charlie Papazian's "Joy of Home Brewing"...

Boiling yeast is yeast genocide...yeast are your freinds, please don't kill them....

LOL sorry guys having a hb and a typo. I meant the temp I should add the liquid extract and hops.

You'll want to boil the liquid extract, and hops as welll at a schedule determined by your individual recipe... probably some hops for 60 mins, maybe some at 30 mins, some more at maybe 15 minutes, 5 minutes, 0 minutes... Just depends on the recipe. Check the recipe forums for extract recipes.

Boil your extract and hops for 60 min. You might consider adding a bit of hops near the end of the boil (say, 10 from end) In order to add hop aroma. I say to consider this because not all styles benefit from a hoppy aroma (i.e., wheat beers).

+1 on get a book.

Latest posts

Back