Cleaning and caring for your freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePonchoKid

Reaction score
I picked up a $50 chest freezer. It works. there's a few superficial cracks along the hard seam on the chest portion. they don't seem to be a worry.

it's defrosting right now, and i was just wondering... there may be water trapped in the lid, i might want to replace the lid seals at some point.

i know i know, if it's not broke don't fix it.

just looking for tips, warning signs, care and cautions if anyone has some. thanks

Moisture gets into the lid from the frost when it is being used as a freezer...as a fridge / keezer this should not happen. Dry it out well and use it would be my advice FWIW.

Yea I've got towels around the base of the lid while it's opened and the dehumidifier will be running all day. A little polish and a thermostat hack and she's gtg

Looking at your avatar, I found some 5 gal biab bags. Is that pretty much as large as they come? I found them at my local hardware store. 12 for $20. I haven't opened them up but it says 5gal, meaning fits around a 5 gal bucket

Just opened them up.... they're about the size of a standard white kitchen garbage bag. Nice

Somewhere on that bad boy their is a condenser coil and that should be cleaned, brushed out or blown out with air. When you do find that coil, that is what gets broke and fails on most coolers, via the compressor cashes soon after.

Somewhere on that bad boy their is a condenser coil and that should be cleaned, brushed out or blown out with air. When you do find that coil, that is what gets broke and fails on most coolers, via the compressor cashes soon after.

Sweet thanks! This is what I need to know. It's a Beaumark and has a nice big access panel where the thermostat is. Should be easy to manage :)

Back