I Need more detail about whirlpool chiller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcmccoy

Reaction score
Please tell me how most of you go from keggle to pump to whirlpool chiller to fermenter

As in 3 part ball valve to what?> tube > copper> ? how do do go from whirlpool to fermenter ? keep the pump going to fermenter or replace tube with sanitized tube and gravity to carboy?

I'm going to guess that you're referring to an immersion chiller with a whirlpool arm. In order to take advantage of the fact that you're whirlpooling, you'll need to stop the pump and let the wort settle for a few minutes so that the trub/hop/debris cone can form. Once this has happened, you will then want to drain out of the bottom drain on your kettle. Since you need to be careful not to disturb the cone, gravity is probably the best approach, but I suppose you could use the pump if you wanted to. Draining through the whirlpool arm would defeat the purpose of whirlpooling. Hope that helps.

Back