Help me find a beer for my wife!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXVolt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So here's the problem.

Over the past few years my wife has come to really enjoy a nice cold beer. Especially homebrew.

Fast forward to now... she's 5 months into cookin up our 3rd and last kido (internally, not in a pot). So all Alc is out. On top of that, she's been diagnosed with Gestational diabetes as a result of this pregnancy. The poor girl barely weighs 125 lbs !

So she's been really craving a cold beer and can't have one, so I'm turning to my brewing community to see if there's something out there that's low carb and no alc?

I know that's an odd and unlikely combination... a decent beer that has no alcohol and is low carb... Just hoping to surprise SWMBO with a cold beer.

AFAIK All non-alcoholic beers still have some small measure of alcohol, usually .5%

The low carb part should be easy as the majority of carbs in a beer come from the alcohol, it's just going to be the minimal amount of alcohol left in the NA beer that you'll need to worry about.

I ended up getting a 6er of Becks N/A light beer.

<0.5% ABV at 3.9g carbs.

Wife was thrilled. I must say the beer wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be.

My wife drank O'Douls during her pregnancy and now after since hse's nursing.

I mean, it's not beer, more like a barley soda. But It ain't half had when what your really want is something bubbly, malty, and light.

Latest posts

Back