About to make the jump!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bezel

Reaction score
I have been brewing about 4 years and am tired of the jet burners and running out if propane. I jump back and forth between BIAB and my 2 tier rig.

ForumRunner_20121220_161232.jpg

I am going to sell the two tier and build a BIAB rig for 10 gal batches. Gonna use a Bayou Classic 102 qt with this control panel

ForumRunner_20121220_161351.jpg

Is it possable to run two large elements in series off the same Pid? I have easy access to my main panel and have a 50 amp welder plug now, can easily swap it out for a spa panel or add a new panel, just thinking it might take a while for a single 5500 w element to heat that much water. Thanks for the help and big thanks for the Pj for all the awsome drawings. Maybe 2 4500s

Add a another contactor for the 2nd element for manual control. Also add another SSR for PID control of both elements. The PID output can drive both SSRs in parallel. There are several people using a single 5500w element for 10 gallon batches that can advise on strike temp and boil times.

Keep in mind that the large 25gal pot might limit your minimum batch size, the element(s) needs to be fully submerged. Good luck with the project.

Back