Bugeater Brewery is Expanding...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
...across the highway.

One of my good beer drinking buddies that lives about 1000 yards from me used to brew but got out of it with busy job, kids, etc. So this week on our weekly beer night get together he brings all his old stuff that had been lying around. He said he hasnt used it in 5 or more years and likely wont. So he said take it.

Here is a short list of his old stuff.

12 G Stainless Kettle
3 Ball lock kegs
2 - 20lb CO2 tanks
1 - 5lb Co2 tank
1 - 3lb CO2 tank (im guessing on size, but it is smaller than a 5 lber i have)
50+ ft of beer line
50+ ft of gas line
Cobra taps and other misc. fittings.
Box of ball locks (gas and liquid)
3 - 5 G pails with spigots
Several large strainers
Miscellaneous parts (Hydrometers, hop bags, paddles, etc)

So i say to him..did you ever keg your beer? No, he said. I was going to but never got around to it. I told him he had 90% of the stuff. All he needed was a fridge and he was set. Maybe a shank & taps if he wanted to go that route, but it wasnt necessary. He said, "Yeah, I thought about putting something like that in my bar in my basement I am remodeling, but then I'd still have to get back into brewing cause I dont want to have to buy commercial kegs."

Hmmmmm...light bulb goes off.

I say...During my brewing months last year I had several times where I just didnt know what I was going to do with all the beer I had fermenting. I had available kegs but not any room in the keezer. So i told him, "Hell, I love brewing so much. If you buy the ingredients, I'll brew it. You take a 5 gallon keg, and Ill take a 5 gallon keg. You'll be in beer and I get to brew more."

He was all for it. He ordered the taps and tower this AM and is picking up a dorm style fridge. We are going to build it into his new bar.

Sounds like i got an old brewer back into the hobby. Now he is all excited to come over and brew and get his taps flowing. I guarantee he'll be brewing again.

Back