Bully Goat - Elevator Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamptrump

Reaction score
For all the goat love on HBT I wanted to let the masses know that Elevator Brewing Company recently released a new "goat beer" in their whiskey barrel aged series. Bully Goat. This is a one-time brew (I believe), and I don't think Elevator distributes outside of Ohio (not 100% on that). For you goat lovers, this might be the time to sweet talk someone in Ohio.

This is a 6% ABV Red Ale aged in Whiskey Barrels for 6 months.

I have yet to have to chance to drink it, I just picked it up from the store while I was getting some brewing supplies. Comes in 4-packs.

I'll follow-up after I try it. If it's anything like Horny Goat in the past, I imagine it will be a huge whiskey bomb.

:goat:

This isn't a formal review by far, but here we go.

While this beer is classified as a Red Ale, it's hard to identify it as such. When you pour the beer it pours cloudy brown/red with about medium carbonation. Immediately you are overcome by the smell of whiskey. We sat there smelling the beer for the majority of the time. If you don't like whiskey, you aren't going to like this at all. As many people say, taste is mostly from aromas. This beer tastes like whiskey that was diluted with beer. Unfortunately the style of beer is hard to determine given how much of the beer is overpowered with whiskey.

My friend and I ended up rating it a 3.25/5 on UnTappd. It's drinkable, but ruins two good things that would have been fine alone by not creating a balance.

I would suggest it just to try, but in my opinion wasn't worth the purchase of a 4-pack.

Back