Things are going great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewvolution

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start the kind of thread that is notoriously absent in the n00b room. Like the title states, my first batch is coming along nicely.

Brewed on Sunday night, a simple extract amber ale with a grain infusion. Things didn't go perfectly. I let my infusion temp get too high (I had it on direct heat to get up to temp) and I added a bit more water than I would have liked, leaving my wort with an O.G. of 1.040. Kind of a bummer since I like a higher alcohol content, but hey, I just made my first wort! I was super excited just to be at that point, and my wort tasted pretty damn good!

I pitched my liquid yeast at 10:30 pm on Sunday straight from the package and by 3:00 pm Monday morning I had action in the fermentation lock. I'm not in a hurry to bottle it or drink it, as it seems the standard answer to every "My beer tastes funny..." question is to wait it out, I'm going to cut out the middle man and not even taste it until I'm fairly certain it will be good.

This thread is mainly for the perfectionists like me who have been reading these forums and wringing their hands about everything that could go wrong for so long that they forget that homebrewing is supposed to be fun. It is fun once you loosen up. And once you actually do a batch, make a few mistakes, and come through it with a fermenting brew, you'll wonder what all the worry was about.:mug:

you have the right attitude. no reason to waste your beer when you know its not done. just wait the time and enjoy a perfect brew, not a so-so brew

:mug:

Back