Recipe reviews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyGuy

Reaction score
Has anyone been to those cooking recipe sites (like epicurious.com or allrecipes.com) where people post all sorts of cooking recipes? What is great about these sites is that other people try these recipes, and then they come back and rate them. You can even search for 'top rated' recipes, and I have found some really good ones like this (you can also eliminate the awful ones).

I think this would be a great idea for homebrew recipes. There are all sorts of recipes on this (and other) sites, but it would be nice to know what is 'tried and true'.

Has anyone found a homebrew recipe site that is based on user ratings/reviews?

FlyGuy said:
Has anyone found a homebrew recipe site that is based on user ratings/reviews?

I've never seen one.

Perhaps because homebrewers like to experiment and try their own recipes more than try to copy someone else's recipe? (This actually a good topic for a poll.... coming up!)

I just think the amount of user feedback would be very small. But... it doesn't mean we can't try to create something right here on our own site.

We could use threads to post a recipe, and be very diligent about keeping responses in that thread limited to review comments from people who had either brewed it themselves, or had participated in a beer swap to get some of that particular beer (from the original poster, or from someone else who brewed it).

If we use the thread rating system (the '5 stars') to indicate our overall opinion of the beer, we could use have a way to find a recipe that had gotten positive feedback.

Then again, how much feedback would we actually get? (here comes that poll).

-walker

Well, I'm running a beer swap in the next couple weeks (details in the "member announcement" section). I'm asking people to post thier recipes, and there ought to be three detailed reviews of each brew.

Back