Auberins PID Setup Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigscience

Reaction score
So I got my new Auberins PID in the mail the other day, man are they fast. I ready through their all of 6 page manual and got everything all wired up. My plan is to use a contactor to control a pump so I set the Outy to 4 and made sure the J1 was wired to the contactor. I can then adjust the setpoint and have the Al/J1 indicator come on or off and I can hear the interal relay clicking on and off. The issue I have is that the contactor is not tripping (I even tried another one) and when I put a meter on the leads, I get no voltage. Is there a setting I'm missing or could the unit be bad? I didn't have this much trouble with my Ohmega PID.

Also, 3 of the 4 tabs have broken off of the unit after 1 install/removal. Anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to fix it so it doesn't wobble?

So I got my new Auberins PID in the mail the other day, man are they fast. I ready through their all of 6 page manual and got everything all wired up. My plan is to use a contactor to control a pump so I set the Outy to 4 and made sure the J1 was wired to the contactor. I can then adjust the setpoint and have the Al/J1 indicator come on or off and I can hear the interal relay clicking on and off. The issue I have is that the contactor is not tripping (I even tried another one) and when I put a meter on the leads, I get no voltage. Is there a setting I'm missing or could the unit be bad? I didn't have this much trouble with my Ohmega PID.

Also, 3 of the 4 tabs have broken off of the unit after 1 install/removal. Anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how to fix it so it doesn't wobble?

1. Which Auber PID
2. Could you draw out how you have it setup now
3. If you want help make sure you give as much information as you can.

I bet the hole you cut into your panel is too large, mine does not wobble.

Are any of the tabs on yours broken off? It is tight in the cutout but since the tabs are broken, the face doesn't stay in place. It was fine before the tabs broke but at second install, it's not. Any ideas on how to remedy? Is there a backer bracket like other manufacturer's have?

I have the SYL-1512A PID by the way.

Power is to 1 & 2, Type K TC is at 6 & 7, contactor is at 4 & 5 of the PID and to the coil on the contactor. Hot is to the NO connections on the contactor and then to an outlet with neutral directly to the outlet.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think it is a wiring issue but more of a programming function. I would think though that if the AL light is cycling on and off with temp adjustments, I should be seeing voltage at the J1 (4&5). Also, the TC is functioning becasue when I put my thumb on it, the temp rises.

Thanks in advance for the help.

what is the Rd set to?, should be 0 for heating, what powers contactor coil?, source for coil should be connected to terminal #4, #5 to contactor coil "A", contactor coil "B" back to neutral or contactor coil power source return. The contactor "A" and "B" are arbitrary assignments for use as an example only, yours will be labeled differently.

Back