What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...black and tans of course.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395105120.523820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Started the night with something (semi) local.

Tasted pretty good. Maybe my new favorite Missouri-brewed IIPA.

It really shined in aroma. Came close to PtE, my favorite IIPA based on aroma alone.

Also.... bring on spring! As you can tell, winter wrecked havoc on my back yard. At least the grills and smoker made it out alive!

2014-03-17 18.34.17.jpg

2014-03-17 19.21.34.jpg

Started the night with something (semi) local.

Tasted pretty good. Maybe my new favorite Missouri-brewed IIPA.

It really shined in aroma. Came close to PtE, my favorite IIPA based on aroma alone.

Also.... bring on spring! As you can tell, winter wrecked havoc on my back yard. At least the grills and smoker made it out alive!

What is it?

My computer is having trouble reading the memory card that the pic is on, so no pic, but I just had a Hopslam I found while I was in NYC yesterday and now I am having a Jai Alai that I found at the same place. Both are relatively old for IPAs, but definitely still quite tasty.

Irish cream stout from like 3 yrs ago. Has a lot of berry coming out now. And the irish cream extract definitely didn't go away. Got one left now, will keep it for next year probably.

Left Hand "Wake up Dead" Nitro. I love watching the carbonation in action on this one. Oh, and the beer's not too bad either!

2014-03-17 19.14.06.jpg

Sorry! Ya caught me before i edited.

4 Hands "War Hammer IIPA"

I meant to upload the photo of the bottle but selected the wrong pic. I didn't stop with that's haha.

Gotcha! War Hammer is quite good. Keep your eyes out for Contact High. That's one of my favorite hoppy wheats out there.

Gotcha! War Hammer is quite good. Keep your eyes out for Contact High. That's one of my favorite hoppy wheats out there.

I had that one last summer. It wasnt bad.

Since you're in StLouis, I must ask. Any good stores or bars near Earth City/Maryland Heights? Ill be out there Wednesday and Thursday for work meetings. Shelton Brothers has more selection from their distribution network in StL than they do out here in Columbia's so I wanna pick up some Crooked Stave and Prairie bottles while I'm there. Any suggestions?

And right now I'm drinking a new beer to my market. Santa Fe brewery just hit town Andre weeks ago. Their barleywine is.... OK.

2014-03-17 20.19.53.jpg

I passed on that in Mankato. how is it?

Its pretty good. I have had it on tap too, slightly better. But either way, quite a good BIPA. Worth the price tag? Yes and no. I am glad to have some, and be able to trade for the other two breweries release. Would I buy on a regular basis if it was available for that? No, probably not. Still a great beer though.

Watson's Cyser...because it wasn't quite as dry as my Sherlock's Cider! All crabapple, bottled last November. Left this one on the lees a little too long and it had a kind of "soapy/yeasty" flavor initially. A couple of months later, I thought it was becoming vinegary. Now, not so bad! Medium carbonation and almost dry. A little winey. Having had experience with the crabapples now, I definitely will be using them again, but blending with other apples for a better final product.

DSC04346.jpg

My obligatory Guinness after visiting friends and meeting their new daughter. Only 6 days old and a cutie.

After this some Irish whisky then off to bed. Early night tonight.

hey DC, you ain't passed out with your hand in a clowns pants, are you?

happy B-Day!

Hey I don't have to be passed out to put my hand down a clowns pants.. just drunk lol

Thanks man.

Better not be. Supposed to meet me here!

I was there and didn't see you. Guess you went home with a clown :drunk:

Having dinner and this

3F 2009 Doesjel.

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

1395114978351.jpg

1395114997811.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395116970.812680.jpg
Not sure why I've been saving this, but today seemed like as good of a day as any to drink it. It's better than I remember.

Its pretty good. I have had it on tap too, slightly better. But either way, quite a good BIPA. Worth the price tag? Yes and no. I am glad to have some, and be able to trade for the other two breweries release. Would I buy on a regular basis if it was available for that? No, probably not. Still a great beer though.

Had the Real Ale version tonight. Definitely a solid BIPA.

I was there and didn't see you. Guess you went home with a clown :drunk:

Having dinner and this

3F 2009 Doesjel.

Nice, I saw that as I was driving a few weeks ago but then forgot about it. Need to stop in sometime soon.

Good to see you again, happy birthday, and thanks for the HB and the Fra-Gee-Lay!

So...didn't have anything in the fridge and went back to rifle through my HB stock. After I popped a few things in the fridge, I decided to try one of my single bottle experiments. It's very cool in the room where it's stored, so I went ahead and opened this strawberry-lemon "thing". I cant even remember exactly what I did...I just know I had some lemon juice, water, a little yeast and came up with some strawberry from somewhere for one bottle. The other is just lemon. Obviously, this bottle is overcarbed. I definitely taste the strawberries, but it's not too sweet. I'm getting some bitterness, like hops...did I mix in some wort? I can't remember. No idea on the ABV...not boozy, though. It's kind of tasty!

BTW...going to be in the Philly area and over to the Lancaster and Hershey areas in the next week. Any local beers that don't get widely distributed that I should not miss?

DSC04347.jpg

DSC04348.jpg

I just finished bottling an oaked bochet. Not bad, but I hope the booziness mellows out.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395122496.096002.jpg

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Home Brew

Having Hellos Vanilla Bourbon Porter. Very very tasty! Love the bourbon oakiness here just looking for a little more vanilla.

1395125585957.jpg

BTW...going to be in the Philly area and over to the Lancaster and Hershey areas in the next week. Any local beers that don't get widely distributed that I should not miss?

If you're in Hershey, check out Troegs. That's the one that jumps out on the seekabrew comparison (looks like NC gets Weyerbacher and Victory). Philly gets a lot of distribution from around the country. You'll pay for it, but there are some great bottle shops.

If you have time to explore a bit in Philly, I'd check out Tired Hands. I'll let the Philly guys chime in with any other recommendations.

Latest posts

Back