AHS Blue Moon Clone Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeM2012

Reaction score
Howdy,

I've searched around to see if I could find answers to these two questions but could not find anything the addressed it. I'm going to be brewing the Blue Moon Extract this weekend but directions were a bit confusing.

1. Is the total boil time for this brew only 30 minutes? Every other beer I made has a 1 hour boil time but the instructions for this one seem to indicate only 30 minutes. The instructions say to set timer for 30 minutes, add blue moon packet with 15 minutes to go, hops with 5 minutes left.

2. I usually strain the wort when adding it to the fermenter but would I want to skip that this time to keep the orange zest and coriander from getting strained out? Will there be a loss in flavor by not having this in the fermenter?

Thanks again for every ones help.

Mike

Never brewed it but it's definitely one I'm interested in. You may just want to give them a call or shoot them an email. Let us know how it turns out.

Back