First kegging, I hope clowdy, yeast filled nut brown ale is good for you.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOctober

Reaction score
OKOK, I didn't really tilt the carboy the right way (toward you) as a result I pulled in a bit of the gunk.

I just installed the fridge conversion and did one of those high pressure roll the keg on you knees carb job, and yes I got floaters in my drink.

The up side....It tastes pretty good, although i like to be able to see thru my beer.

Side issue the keg regulator is stuck and although I tweaked it up to do the carb, I cant get to proper serving pressure.

Give it time and it will drop clear.

As far as your regulator goes, unscrew the set nut before adjusting it.

It should clear up a bit as time goes by.

That is IF ya friends dont drink it before that happens.

If you have the fridge space, chilling the fermenter to as cold as you can for a couple of days prior to kegging will help settle out any yeast in the fermenter. Any remaining yeast will settle in the keg, given some time. I try to let kegs stand and carbonate in place for at least a week before serving. That way, most of the yeast comes out in the first couple of pints.

Back