Fermentation Chamber, will this work??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdwalter

Reaction score
So I have this crazy idea in order to avoid buying two separate chest freezers for serving and fermenting. I'm thinking I will run a tube (like from a dryer) from my freezer to a separate fermentation chamber, using a small fan to blow air from the freezer to the ferment side. I would put the temp control in the fermentation chamber to ensure temps stay where I want them. Now, do you all think the serving side will maintain cool enough temps? I feel like I could play around with tube length/location in freezer to get different temperatures.

*Excuse the terrible drawing

001.jpg

Heres a link to my build I did what you are describing in the end. The last pic I took shows bare air duct but I ended up buying some pre insulated 4" air duct for it.

Such projects really are all about insulation and tightness, so if you can manage those there's a good chance of everything working out in the end.

I make this suggestion, however: use one controller to manage the freezer, with its probe in the freezer, and use a separate controller to manage the air mover, with its probe inside the ferm chamber. I believe this will provide much better performance than trying to solve the problem with a single controller...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back