• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20gal corny tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunmetal

Reaction score
16 gallon - about 12 inches around and stand over 3 foot tall or so. They have dip tubes, but no disconnects. Oval lids do not have pressure relief valves. There are two extra ports that are 1/8" pipe thread, that would have to be plugged. Threads on top appear to be same thread as standard corny disconnects. I would prefer local pick up only - Columbus ohio. These weigh 36 pounds each and are big so shipping would be expensive. Price is $80.00 each. I have 2 available and accept Paypal.
tank.jpg

any idea what these originally held?

also, very cruel of you to wait to post this until the day after i kegged 40 gallons (20g x2) of beer into 8 cornies for a friends wedding ;-)

can you post a picture of any identifying writing on the tank? Hard to tell what parts this might need to get it operational, if even possible.

((10/12/2))^2x3.14=0.55 sf x 3'=1.64 cf.

7.48 gal/cf= 7.48x1.64=12.27 gals.

Maybe I've had one two many amber ales off my freshly tapped keg, but thats what I get on my phone calculator.

I don't know what they originally held, The guy told me coke syrup , but I don't understand the extra ports. The tanks measurements were more or less a guess. I have a 10 gallon corny, these tanks are the same diameter and twice as high, so thats how I came up with the 20 gal. size.

They are probably the 15 gallon size. I don't believe a 20 gallon corney exists.

Looks like a pressure tank that I have..only bigger. It took some doing to convert mine to ball lock. I believe mine had 1/4 NPT and 12 NPT threads..It has been many months..so I could have them a bit off.

Waltzie said:
I will take both. I have friends in Columbus that can pick up/pay to avoid shipping. Please call me at seven 17-903-one 071 to arrange the details.

Thanks,

Matt

Seriously, your phone number?

I wonder if they were used as emergency eyewash stations. Some of the stations where I work have the extra ports.

Here are a few more pictures.
DSC02431.jpg

the two extra ports, one is 1/4" pipe and one is 1/2" pipe
DSC02427.jpg

Yardstick for measure
DSC02429.jpg

The top right port unscrews, and is one piece with the dip tube attached. The inlet is 1/4" pipe thread.
DSC02428.jpg

t

We have kegs that look like that all over at work. Ours are safety eye wash stations. They hold saline at pressure. One connection has a pressure gauge, the other has the attachment to flood your eyes.

Not saying that's what these are, but if I has to guess.

I found the info on these tanks from the company website, they are actually 16 gallon capacity. So they would make great 10 to 12 galllon batch fermenters.

Latest posts

Back