Three Cheese Potatoes Au Gratin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SWMBO found this recipe for Easter. It's AWESOME!

Three Cheese Potatoes Au Gratin

3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
2 medium onions, sliced thin
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz romano cheese, shredded
9 slices Provolone cheese
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp garlic powder

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking pan lightly with non-stick spray. Rinse potato slices in cold water (it helps to just put them into a bowl of cold water as you slice them to rid them of extra starch and keep them from turning brown). Toss all of the cheeses and the flour in a bowl until the cheese is lightly coated with flour. Combine butter and garlic powder. Layer 1/3 of potatoes in the bottom of the pan. Drizzle 1/3 of the garlic butter over the potatoes. Layer 1/3 of the onions on top of the potatoes, followed by 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat these layers two more times, ending with a layer of cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and the cheese is golden and bubbly.

Serve with ham or roast beef and a tall glass of Pilsner.

MMMmmmm... that looks tasty. I am about as far away from German as you can get but I'd pretend for a plate full of that!

always one of my favorite things to cook/eat

HOOORAY for carbs, and this is a great recipe BTW

Back