So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottling my first brew, a Hobgoblin clone. Which leaves me two empty carboys for an Allagash white clone and a batch of EdWorts Apfelwein. Good thing it's a 3 day weekend :ban:

Will hopefully be brewing an Amarillo/Cascade/Centennial IPA on Saturday. First time using Wyeast 1272. Hopefully it won't be too windy out!

Hammertime1 said:
Friday morning is brew day. Going to do Bell's Two Hearted Ale clone. Water drawn, hops measured out, and grains crushed tonight.

Got two starters running now. Friday is an American brown ale with warrior and palisades then Saturday is a double IPA made with warrior hops

Planning on experimenting with some sort of 1.129 OG concoction. I have 5 full cornys and another 5 gallons fermenting, so I have time to let something sit and mature now. Plus a 5 gallon batch of Grandma's liquid apple pie.

Brewing "Admiral Farragut's Damned Torpedo" (IIPA) now...Summit for bittering and Bravo for everything else.

I'm brewing MW's Flat Tire--a clone of the very similarly named Belgian ale. I'm planning on brewing an English Brown next weekend. Both will be my first brews in kegs!

Howdy,

Planning on trying my hand at skeezerpleezer's Zombie Dust clone on Sunday morning. 1/2 lb of Citra in 5 gallons.

Stoked.

Bottled 5 gallons and kegged 5 gallons of Whipping Post IPA last night.
Attending a group brew session Saturday morning.
Brewing 11 gallons of BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops on Sunday.
BEER BEER BEER BEER!!!!

Just finished the NB De Belge Farmhouse IPA 3gal BIAB, my first brew on my own!

Projected OG was 1060 and I got 1068, with about 72% efficiency. Not bad for my first BIAB and in the dark!

I posted some photos on the NB De Belge Farmhouse thread

Planning on brewing a Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA this weekend, heading out to the LHBS this morning to pick up supplies.

Starting a Cream Ale in just a few minutes. First time brewing with a brew partner, my 19/yo son. He must me looking forward to it cuz he's up before 11..,, :) cheers!

brewing the second version of an IPA recipe i made myself (my first!)
i just bought beersmith and used it to tweak my recipe
also just about to drop some money on the va;ves/etc to turn two ss kegs into brew kettle and mashtun. bout to dro pthe hammer on stainless brewing in keg hoopers and hop spider.

Mmmm, I got me a nice CopperHook Clone I'm making 10g of this weekend.

next weekend 10g of a IIPA.

almost out, down to my last 30gal.... :)

CR-

I want to brew this weekend, and the only real time I have is tonight after the gym... I will probably be too tired after I do that and eat a ton pwo. Saturday is no go, since the gym a couple times, then going home to the folks to change the oil and stay over for easter, since they are a good drive away.
I will brew something big (like all my beers :p) for my next one the following weekend, or when I have a day off from the gym during the week (almost never).. either a barleywine or wee heavy!

Brewing a NW Pale Ale today! Haven't brewed since November so I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things. I have four empty kegs that need some love. Time to get to work.

Brewing a Bell's Two Hearted Ale clone, my first brew after waiting out the winter.

Funny you say that, I live in Central Florida and can't stand to brew in the summer months. In the Winter I brew at least twice a month in the summer which is 8 months out of the year, I might brew 5 times....

Bottled my First Gold/burton ESB. Sample was great/ideal definatly got the burton esters on that one and also I toasted some malt for it as well. Making an American hop Ipa with Golden promise/Kolsch malt with the burton yeast starter tomarrow. Should be interesting,looking forward to this one.

Next few weeks/month line up is using kolsh yeast for some german beers.Probably will get 3-5 more 2.5 gal batches using some German pale ale malt and kolsh malt and a bunch of different german hops. Then Ill be done brewing before summer-maybe.

1st with a brew partner.... My son...

image-340225925.jpg

Channel66 said:
Crack that garage door! Your gonna gas yourselves.

Cool to spread the stoke though

No worries. Back door was open, faces west so we got some sun shining in... Pretty simple brew we made. Not many hop additions so lots of down time watching pot boil. Next time I'll pick something with a little more action...but pretty sweet having him help out. He's home home on spring break. So it was nice to do something together. Too much snow to play catch or golf... :) cheers!

will be starting a BIAB of an India Brown Ale. Have an extract batch in bottles...will be curious to see the difference between grain and extract. as well, first time using yeast from a previous batch. bummer caveat tho is the grains from midwest did not seem "double crushed" at all...if i have to get out a roller, that may take the steam out of the brew morn.

Brewing an Irish red ale today, its chilling down for yeast right now, my first time using a smack pack yeast as I have always used dry yeast so im keen to see what the difference is.

Im in the last 20 minutes of a 10 gallon cream of 3 crops boil. Looks like I am going to be a gallon short or two, but according to all the spent grain I have been eating there is little to no flavor or sugar left in them. I may consider a top off but probably will let it be.

After this, its tacos and cards against humanity.

Latest posts

Back