What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon coffee... boring day.

As to your questions, finsfan: I vorlaufed multiple gallons. Stuff just kept coming through. I crushed it myself. I opened the gate a little from where I set it when I was doing BIAB and (like a *******) did not look at what was coming out the other end until I had crushed the entire bag of grain. It was like sawdust.

Yeah something isnt right there. I dont even normally vorlauf a whole gallon, but that is the max for me if I have to. What type of a false bottom or screen in your mash tun? I honestly dont think its the crush though. I have never heard anything about a fine crushing leading to anything except a stuck sparge. I always crush pretty fine. I thought at first it was too fine, but have never had a problem with it. What kind of mill are you using?

Finally caught up with all the posts from this morning. Drinking water, coke, and medicine. Of course I would get sick during craft beer week with all the great events going on. Been feeling horrible since about 5:00AM. Thought I just had a little stomach bug. Now running fever and praying for death. So, in light of this, I'd like to formally invite one of my fellow alchys over to put me out of my misery. When you're finished, you can pilfer my 3 beer fridges, my cellar(beer closet) and my HB equipment. I won't be needing them what with being dead and all. ;)

Done be over in a little bit

Saison:30 pm. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400099790.602029.jpg

Should've stopped 75 minutes ago. :D

Amarillo IPA HB status. Grilling. Shouldn't be near a flame right now. **** it. :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400100913.556123.jpg

****ing hurt. Nightcap.

My Hefe. Wumarthafloccingtang ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400102135.389376.jpg

This is as good as it's getting right now because I'm not getting up again. Made coffee, poured this, were a bottle. 2 of the others I have are headed to VT actually.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400103706.719360.jpg

Just killed a bottle of Black Sheep Ale. May knock back another couple beers before it's time for brew club meeting. Before I moved I was a 30 minute drive from our meeting spot. Now I'm a 15 minute walk. Point here is, goodbye moderation!

So in that spirit, moved on to Lucifer.

20140514_175606[1].jpg

I just emailed the owner of a bottle shop here in town about the release of Love Child #4. He said it was pushed back because it was not ready, but they are instead releasing saison brett sometime next week. I guess I cant complain too much about that. :D

I just emailed the owner of a bottle shop here in town about the release of Love Child #4. He said it was pushed back because it was not ready, but they are instead releasing saison brett sometime next week. I guess I cant complain too much about that. :D

Saison Brett is out. Seen it a few places in Austin.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400110196.259725.jpg
Remmy's citra SMaSH. This is a great beer. It's my first time having anything with this yeast (1098) and I love it. Finishes really dry. Nice job man!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back