Does anyone have a dry yeast recommendation for a Belgian witbier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patirck

Reaction score
I need to use a dry yeast this time around and have only used wyeast 3944. I am shipping a kit to someone and don't want to risk the yeast getting warm.

I'm going to send a liquid with a dry backup. I'm not sure how the liquid will handle the shipping time - I'll probably get a white labs vial and sandwich it between two ice packs. But I also want to send a dry yeast as a backup. From what I've read so far S-33 seems like a good choice.

You could send them DME and the instruction for bottle harvesting yeast from commercial beers, and have him pick up a sixer or 2 of Hoegaarden. I've harvested several mason jars of witbier yeast from it.

I suppose they could but I want to make it easier on them. I think sandwiching a whitelabs vial between two ice packs should make it last for 5 - 7 days.

I like T-58. S-33 was a little finninky for me, I had an issue that many others have also posted about where it stalled and then came back to life several days later with some serious coaxing. It's also not really a Belgian strain - it think it's EDME, but can't remember off the top of my head exactly.

Latest posts

Back