Yet another BIAB brewday with lots of pictures.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same filter and I noticed you used a green hose.. is that a drinking water safe hose? or does it matter?

Oh and nice job!

hose.jpg

I always take a gravity reading after transferring my wort to the fermenter. I always had the thought that the newly chilled wort would not be mixed evenly (temperature wise).

I always take a gravity reading after transferring my wort to the fermenter. I always had the thought that the newly chilled wort would not be mixed evenly (temperature wise).

Ya that might be true if its a partial boil where you mix water in, but since it's a full boil I don't think it will matter much. Plus, the beer is mixed when chilling and actually my pics are out of order since I usually whirlpool first. After both of those steps, I don't think moving it to the fermenter first will make much of a difference in the reading.

Back