5 Liter tapping adaptor HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKHomebrew

Reaction score
Ok i know this subject has been brought up before and I will agree that a corney is the better way to go, but for me right now and my fellow brewer I would really like to setup a 5 liter keg system. I have read about this for weeks all over the web and have looked at the party star and all the ones using the little co2 carts, but I want is an adaptor so I can hook it up to a standard co2 bottle and tap system. I have found some guys that have made them and that would not be a pproblem but I would like to know if anybody knows of a place where I can buy them. I do have some kegs and and my LHBS sells the WECOMATIC bungs. I have listed a picture and a link of the one I found that a guy made.

ANY THOUGHTS!

New Page 1

DSC01816.JPG

Revvy,

Thanks for the info, like I said I will most lilkly make one but I cant believe nobody makes one to buy. I have a corney but like I said at this point the 5L seem to be a better choice as far as room and spliting batches up between me and my fellow brewer.

Thanks,

Revvy,

Thanks for the info, like I said I will most lilkly make one but I cant believe nobody makes one to buy. I have a corney but like I said at this point the 5L seem to be a better choice as far as room and spliting batches up between me and my fellow brewer.

Thanks,

I believe there is/was one to buy. In fact I think there was a thread about it yesterday or the day before. BUT it may bo longer be available....I think the thread was from EARLY yesterday morning, so I was half asleep when I looked at it...

I was never able to find one to buy and ended up just building one. I used a 3/4 inch T with plastic hose fittings but they can be made from other material. Look here on this web page and down a bit you will see a tap for 5L mini kegs with a portable CO2 dispenser. Instead of the portable one I hooked mine to the CO2 tank and regulator. The other side of the tap can go to a picnic tap or standard beer faucet. Hope this helps some.

Thanks,

That one is just a little differant than the other one I have seen but the same concept. I do have a couple of ?

How much priming sugar do you use ( I would like to bottle some nd keg some out of the sme batch )

How long does the beer stay after tapped

Do you store them in the kegs till you are ready to tap them, I guess I mean do you let them carb and age in the keg

Jeff

I primed mine with 1 to 2 tablespoons. 2 will usually get them about right and 1 day on the CO2 will have it right if not. I have also forced carbed in them as well by raising the pressure to 20 PSI and shaking them every so often. The kegs on CO2 should last for some time although I don't think I've had one longer than 3 weeks before it ran dry, usually much less. I store the pre-primed kegs at room temp and chill them for a day before taping.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks,

The info helps allot, when you mean a couple of tablespoons do you do that per keg? like I said I was thinking about kegging a couple and bottleing the rest, I guess I have to figure out the formula, wheather to prime the whole batch for kegging and then when done racking to the kegs figure out how much is left and put more prime sugar in for bottling. Looks like a math problem, again thanks for the help.

Jeff

Ok do you mean 1 tablespoon in the keg? I dont mean to be confused but I have been used to priming in the bottling bucket and then fill the bottles, so do I do the same or do you put the prime sugar in the keg?

And again I am looking for some advice on if anyone has kegged and bottled out of the same batch

Sorry but I am new to the kegging thing

I put the priming sugar in the keg before filling. After it is filled I shake to mix well and over the next few days I try to give it another shake and then let them set.

Latest posts

Back