36' Of 3" Stainless Exhaust Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
My BIL got this in a buyout of an exhaust shop and doesn't want it. 3 and 1/2 sticks of 10' seamless stainless tubing, fairly heavy wall.

I'm tempted, but for the life of me I can't see what I can turn it into-brewing related or not. I want some 2 1/2" for the Camaro to use the stainless Borlas I have, but in all honesty it is fine with the new aluminized system he put on for free...

Ideas?

+1 for the distillation column, for making fuel alcohol of course.
but 3" and 10' is a big column you could attach that to a 50 gallon boiler with several propane burners to fire it.
depending how thick it is (if it could be knurled) rollers for a kickass grain mill?
maybe a hopback of some sort.
you could make a brew stand out of it but that seems like a waste of stainless.
you could always sell it on ebay or something and use the money to buy brewing equipment.

eriktlupus said:
tower setup?

+1 for building an elaborate draft tower setup for a keezer or bar setup. 3" is a standard tower diameter so tower shanks would fit it with no mods needed. You could have a separate tower for each faucet!

shafferpilot said:
Distillation Collumn:)

Hmmmm....aromatic oil distillation tower....hmmmmmm..........

Already have a Sanyo with a stainless two hole tower, but I could see maybe cutting up some for a few...

Hopback chamber...hmmmm.....I have a bunch of stainless sheetmetal, just would need to cut and weld...

Foot-rail for a bar, clever, but everyone would *****....

by brew sculpture I just meant a stand for keggles / brewpots like a three tier system or something.

Latest posts

Back