What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, a LHBS is looking to start a little brewery - a seven-barrel. I have purchased a few things from them in the past but they generally don't get much business from me anymore (pretty pricey and one of the employees is a jackass - and he is almost always the guy I deal with there).

Maltose Express in Monroe.

Isnt that the place owned by the people that wrote the Clone Brews books?

Dessert!

image-171464657.jpg

Just finished a growler from Tired Hands courtesy of InityBrew, the Infinite Energy...WOW, amazing beer, wish I had that locally!

FermentNEthinG said:
I enjoyed it a little too much. I drank it rather quickly! I haven't had too many examples of black IPA's but it was a solid beer for sure.

thanks again!

You're welcome, man. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Isnt that the place owned by the people that wrote the Clone Brews books?

Yes. The clones that taste absolutely nothing like the real deal. I've made 3. Problem is, no one there will share ANY info on what hops are used (in kits). Gotta buy the book. I haven't and don't plan to.

The owners are good people. My biggest gripe is the price of most things there. Malt and equipment. That's why I buy online.

jaydog2314 said:
Just finished a growler from Tired Hands courtesy of InityBrew, the Infinite Energy...WOW, amazing beer, wish I had that locally!

Can't wait to try it. I have it in the fridge.

InityBrew sent me the Phantom with three different colored eyes DIPA. Closest thing to Heady Topper I've ever had. Downright delicious beer. Can't wait to see how Infinite Energy compares!

Right now I am having my 300th unique beer on Untappd. Was taking a chance on this one, but I've noticed that even though Long Trail's regulars aren't anything to write home about, their special releases are usually quite good. This is honestly the best beer I've had from LT. Great, assertive spicing but it's not overdone and the pumpkin flavor is a bit lacking, but it's there. Medium-full body leaves the flavors lingering long after swallowing. I am pleased.

20130912_194500.jpg

Right now I am having my 300th unique beer on Untappd. Was taking a chance on this one, but I've noticed that even though Long Trail's regulars aren't anything to write home about, their special releases are usually quite good. This is honestly the best beer I've had from LT. Great, assertive spicing but it's not overdone and the pumpkin flavor is a bit lacking, but it's there. Medium-full body leaves the flavors lingering long after swallowing. I am pleased.

Nuke are we friends on untappd? Channel66 add me foo.

Anyone else having trouble browsing untappd since they updated it?

That is a good one - probably the best balanced pumpkin ale I've had.

Request sent. I haven't noticed anything different about browsing Untappd. I didn't even know they updated it, haha!

It's only working for me when I'm connected to the wifi

I haven't been updating my phone since it is nearing end of life. I'll get the updates in a couple of weeks and hopefully the issues will be fixed by then. :)

I uninstalled and reinstalled it, seems to be working better now.

What happened with Rogue? 12yrs ago I thought John Maier was my favorite brewer. Too commercial? Hate to think they're a sellout.

I don't know if they sold out, that's not for me to decide, personally I feel as though if you can sell the volume that usually is associated with selling out, then more power to you. I don't discriminate beer just because they sell a lot of it.

but I feel as though they try brew beyond the ability of their brewers. Their beers are completely lackluster, their labels are cool, their bottles look great, the beer inside... meh. And for the price... no way

A mexican ipa from Cerveceria Mexicana. Not bad. Now on to an Anchor Brewing: Big Leaf Maple-Solid Amber.

mexican ipa.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
They turned into that kid you used to know that tried way to hard to be one of the rebellious kids.

"Tried way too hard to be rebellious"--that's perfect.

Rogue Oregon Gold was a simple well balanced Blonde and one of the beers that got me into craft beer (way back in the 90s cough cough). Disappointing when they discontinued it.

What happened with Rogue? 12yrs ago I thought John Maier was my favorite brewer. Too commercial? Hate to think they're a sellout.

I think their older brews are good (Dead Guy, Old Crustacean) but their focus seems to be more on the organic and edgy stuff. Those Voodoo beers just sound awful to me - no way I'd spend money to try them.

I don't know if they sold out, that's not for me to decide, personally I feel as though if you can sell the volume that usually is associated with selling out, then more power to you. I don't discriminate beer just because they sell a lot of it.

but I feel as though they try brew beyond the ability of their brewers. Their beers are completely lackluster, their labels are cool, their bottles look great, the beer inside... meh. And for the price... no way

And they're so gimmicky. I'm all for experimentation and thinking outside the box, but you can tell when they're just trying to get some attention. I mean come on, brewer's beard yeast?

mcbaumannerb said:
I think their older brews are good (Dead Guy, Old Crustacean) but their focus seems to be more on the organic and edgy stuff. Those Voodoo beers just sound awful to me - no way I'd spend money to try them.

I still love Rogue. They make some solid beers. I spent a lot of time there last time I was in Portland, sometimes 2-3x a day. :)

Shakespeare Stout, Choc Stout and their Mocha Porter are three of my favorites.

Holy F$@&!!!!!!! This is one of the most incredible beers I've ever had. I'm not exaggerating when I say this is up there with KBS and BCBS. I might even give the edge to 4 Hands. It's definitely whiskey, coffee, and cacao. I'm seriously blown away and so glad I bought extra bottles. Ill be going to the store tomorrow to buy what's left.

image-2227600676.jpg

Holy chit mang!! I missed around 4 pages (mobile) of whatever you'd call our mindless banter!! Today was a craptastic day at work. Two flatness loaded and ready to ride, two to go. My ass is whooped!

Be that as it may, it didn't keep me from unpacking an absolute bomb from NIZZLE!! Had the RIS from Iron Hill Brewery with dinner that my parents brought back from Lancaster which was freakin awesome! Now I'm about to pop my 3 Beans cherry all thanks to my man NIZZLE!!! His monster should start its journey tomorrow!

Thanks NIZZ!!

image-1906235873.jpg

image-2980456024.jpg

Back