Pigeon droppings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Maddock

Reaction score
Anybody ever heard of the beer with pigeon droppings in it? They put a big tray of beer on the roof, or something, and let the pigeons have at it. My dad mentioned it a while ago but doesn't remember what it was called or what country it was from.

sounds like a Lambic to me...i heard of places like Anchor Steam back in the day would ferment there beer on top of the roof, cuz it was the coolest spot (although i would of choose the celler myself knowing how heat rises) and Belgian breweries would(still) brew in barns with open slots in the roof letting in wild yeast and bacteria producing characteristic (nasty) off flavors.

im not sure the intention was to get pigion droppings, or it was just a inevitable by-product of fermenting on top of roofs...

The Maddock said:
Anybody ever heard of the beer with pigeon droppings in it?

"I don't know, Doc. All I can guess is that I contracted the bird flu from the doo-doo in my homebrew."

If there is a recipe swap - please don't enter that particular ale!!! :D :D :D

Hopsnort

The Councilman said:
Pigeon Poop Porter
"A truly excrement brew" :cross:

In Utah we have a plethora of seagulls on the Great Salt Lake, AKA Sky Carp.

Think this poo-poo exchange would represent a "true to style" substitution?

On second thought, this could possibly impart a distinct brine shrimp aftertaste...

Hopsnort

Hopsnort said:
On second thought, this could possibly impart a distinct brine shrimp aftertaste...
Hopsnort

Or the very least, be the secret ingrediant for Budwieser :eek:

Back