Yet another keezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrousjunkie

Reaction score
Well since im still here in iraq, i cant really do the research my self.:mad: I am wondering just how big of freezer would i need to be able to fit a 15.5 gal keg and 3-5 cornies? I'm planning on a 4 tap set up with room to logger. :mug: Has anyone done something like this with a chest freezer. The wife had picked up a stand up freezer cheap, but that is now being used for food. :ban:

A 15 sq. ft. freezer should be able to handle that, I think.

That's what I have, and I can fit 8 cornies (tight squeeze) along with the co2 tank and hoses. You may not be able to lager in a carboy (haven't tried), but you should be able to in a cornie.

Not sure about the size of the 15.5 gal keg, but I'd think you could play with it a bit and get it to work.

well bad a$$. the way i was thinking about going was gana be 14.8 to about a 19 cu ft freezer. do you have any pix of yours?? what about anyone else, pix of the insides of your keezers??

nitrousjunkie said:
what about anyone else, pix of the insides of your keezers??

I love this question!

Here's my 10 cu. ft. Amana Scratch & Dent model.

Freezer.jpg

Here's my 19.9 cu. ft. Frigidaire

KeezerAlmostFull.jpg

EdWort - I noticed that your CO2 is inside your kegerater, would it not be better to set it outside? CO2 is better filled cold but used at room temp.

But nice setup, 15 kegs in 2 freezers? I have kegerater envy

brauhausjoe said:
EdWort - I noticed that your CO2 is inside your kegerater, would it not be better to set it outside? CO2 is better filled cold but used at room temp.

But nice setup, 15 kegs in 2 freezers? I have kegerater envy

I don't know about the location of the bottle, but it's convenient for me and is just like my kegerator inside the house.

The small freezer is dedicated for fermenting beer and crash cooling now. It keeps me brewing to keep it full.

Latest posts

Back